Sunday, November 17, 2013

Last Glimpse of Summer







Vintage Leather Jacket (thrifted)
Lands End Top (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Denim (thrifted)
Madden Girl Leopard Printed Boots
Leather Bag and Belt(thrifted)

It's always nice to have a decent hair day, I think the short hair cut is starting to get to  the stage where it needs to be trimmed up a little bit, it's getting shaggy in the back. It has been nice not having to worry about static-y hair in the winter though, the short hair stays in place pretty nicely. (And the lowered consumption or shampoo is pretty wonderful as well.)

 The snow's buried most of it by now but it was lovely to have such an extended fall.  I really like the tall, brown grass and it looks even cooler with the snow.  It's nice to have that little bit of extra dimension, when the snow gets deeper it's just white everywhere.

I suppose I should ask, is it still considered tacky to match your bag to your coat?  Mismatched leathers always bug, unless they're all either warm tones or cool tones, but I keep reading that it's considered tacky now to "match." I mean, it was all I could do not to throw on my matching ankle cowboy boots to go with the jacket and handbag!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous auburn colors! What country are you in that there is snow? O.o Anyways- the colors here look gorgeous and I like how so much of your outfit is thrifted! I hope you can now come visit my blog too, and follow me on FB or GFC or lookbook. Let me know so I can follow you back too. I look forward to your visit!

    God bless,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pff, I don't think it's tacky! I like matching and seeing things that match. I say wear what you want :)
    Although I'm glad you chose the leopard shoes instead of the cowboy boots ;) I love them!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like things that match! Actually, that's what I most love about this outfit--the way the shirt is a slightly deeper shade than the coat, but still quite similar. And then your hair falls into the same color palette. It's just very lovely (as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, I love that outfit! the blouse really is amazing with that fab jacket and the pants are amazing and killer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matching AND mismatching is cool in my book. I do both! I like the way your shirt, jacket, and purse are all really similar colors. It goes along with that monochrome look that's been in lately. I'm really loving your leopard print boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is lovely, especially your shoes!
    If you like it then it is never tacky!

    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only an Alaskan blogger could justifiably titled a post of snow-filled pictures 'Last Glimpse of Summer'. I definitely think the bag can be matched to the jacket. I've seen a lot of runway looks with head-to-toe pieces in the same, or very similar, hues. And beyond that I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you think that your bag and jacket would make a good match, then that's all that matters! This is definitely one of my favorite outfits so far. It's got this flair to it that I adore! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hair is superb! Love the length now, it looks so puffy and rad!!!
    As for the matching, being considered tacky, part, I think you should do what you want. It's your style and your clothes :) And I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)