Friday, November 8, 2013

Isabel Marant pour H&M










Isabel Marant for H&M Scarf c/o H&M
American Eagle Outfitters Jacket
Talbots Sweater (thrifted)
Paige Jeans (thrifted)
Dublin Leather Riding Boots (gift)
Dooney and Bourke Bag (thrifted)

I don't usually  get excited about Designer/Store collaborations for a variety of reasons, either the quality is low(most Target collaborations, sorry) or maybe just because I don't like what's out or don't care for the designer.  However I have been really excited about the collaboration of Isabel Marant and H&M.  I really like Isabel Marant's collections and garments, such as the gorgeous embroidered coat that spawned many "inspired" versions. (I've been watching to see if any of those coats go on a reasonable sale on ebay but so far they're still pretty spendy.  I actually bought this AE jacket because I loved the Isabel Marant version so much that I really wanted a embroidered jacket and since then have completely fallen in love with patterned jackets of all kinds.)   Her clothes and shoes have such a rocker, bohemian air to them and in a fantasy world, I'd be able to buy all of her stuff. So the news that H&M paired up with her was crazy exciting and it's even more exciting to see items from the look book and realize that not only is it all made beautifully and out of quality materials, its also the first collaboration for H&M that will be available online! (This is awesome for people like me who live in the middle on nowhere with no access to a store.)   H&M reached out to me and asked if Id talk a little about the collaboration and it's release online and sent me this lovely scarf in return.

The collection is pretty fabulous, it's one of the few times where I want EVERYTHING. Just look at the pants!  That JACKET.  Yup, it's a replica of the one I love so if I can, I getting that on November 14th when the collection goes on sale.   I really love those red pants as well, they'd be about the perfect length on me and we all know how much I love a pair of red leather pants.  The collections has beautiful silk(yes, SILK) blouses and dresses, real suede shoes and overall is very true to the designer's ascetic.





The interview with Isabel Marant is also enjoyable! I always enjoy interviews and hearing what inspires a designer of just their views on their own collections and I love her eye for style, it's so rocker bohemian. (Well, I will admit to not loving the sneaker wedges, I might not be fashion forward enough to quite understand those but everything else she designs is golden.)


Okay guys, if you like Isabel Marant and her clothes, this really is a great collection to get into.  The prices range so there's something in everyone's budget but it's also nicely made clothes which is so cool for a collaboration, it's not just a watered down down version of the designer's original lines.   It goes on sale November 14th, both in select H&M stores and for the first time, online!  You can shop online at www.hm.com.     And if we're lucky, maybe H&M will do their next collaboration with Maje!  (Fantasy world but it would be awesome.)  I do want to say thank you to H&M for reaching out and asking me to talk about this collection, I really enjoyed working with them last time and it's been such a pleasure this time as well.   I was gifted a scarf(a very lovely scarf!) in return for this post but all views are my own.  

4 comments:

  1. I am so designer illiterate, you totally just informed me of something amazing! I especially like the red sweater and the tassel boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word I'm going crazy over this line! I basically want everything now too...goodness.
    Haha, love your new scarf!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh, I want! & I love how this outfit has lots of stripes of different kinds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh, love this collection! Love the tie-in with your current outfit too, glad you found a jacket similar to the one you so covet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)