Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hunt The Sun and Catch It's Light










Old Navy Coat
Silk Scarf (thrifted)
Ann Taylor Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Dress (thrifted)
Vintage Leather Boots (gift from my grandmother)
B.Markowsky Leather Bag
Pink Amethyst Ring

These pictures were taken a few days ago, because I don't have internet at our house I usually schedule a weeks worth of posts when I go into town.  This causes a lag sometimes and in this case, a noticeable one with the lack of snow!  



These pictures are of the Northern Lights, there was the craziest display I'd ever seen a few nights ago!  We seen the Northern Lights fairly often but it's usually just a stream or two of green light across the sky.  This night, the entire sky was on fire!  The pictures are rather lame, I'd gotten up at 2 am to let the dog out and noticed the fantastic display and grabbed my camera to attempt to capture it.  The pictures are quite awful and don't reflect what it really looked like, there were intense pinks, purples, red and the greens pictures and they swirled right above our house.   The color was so intense that you could actually seen the solar winds buffering them around, I stood outside in my bare feet for a half hour just watching them.   I'm going to read up on photographing at night, I'd love to be able to photograph them correctly next time.  

So there you go, one of the cool things about Alaska.  It's cold but pretty.


3 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful photos of northern lights! It can be difficult to capture them because they change so rapidly. I rarely ever did see them so alive like you're showing here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, the northern lights! That is so cool. I hope to one day see them, and am for sure going to read up on night photography haha
    Anyway, love the floral skirt and print scarf you're rocking. You look so pretty :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. OoOoh, Aurora Borealis! And I love that flippy floral skirt :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)