Thursday, November 14, 2013

Glance Back









Herman Kay Wool Coat (thrifted)
Wool Hat
Lucky Brand Cardigan (thrifted)
Old Navy Lace Top
Rewash Jeans
Rampage Boots
Leather Bag (thrifted)

It's been a few days of radio silence over here at Weredork Land thanks to a series of winter storms that have hit the Interior.  It's been a bunch of snow, freezing rain and 50 mile an hour winds with some delightful power outages mixed in.  I suppose that's what happens when I ask for snow rather than cold, had I know this I would have asked for 80 degrees, sun and a pony. (Can you ever have enough ponies?  No.  No, you can't.)    We were some of the lucky people, our power only went out for about seven hours last night and I'd already prepared so it wasn't a huge deal for us but there's still about 5,000 people around Fairbanks and North Pole with no power.  I'm really happy we have a wood stove, no power means no furnace and no heat otherwise and that's some bad stuff.

Overall, I can't complain.  We have it so  easy compared to the Philippines which was hit by that huge storm and has left many people homeless and hungry so that kinda puts everything in perspective.  To everyone who has family down there, I hope your loved ones are okay.

Isabel Marant FOR H&M hit stores and online today!  I didn't have a internet connection so I missed out on the jacket I love but you know, it's okay.  I also refuse to go to ebay and pay jacked up prices from the people who clean out stores to sell at inflated prices online. (Psst, you people suck.  I get being enterprising but really?  That's just not cool man.)  You can find the collection online at Isabel Marant for H&M, this was such a fabulous collaboration with Isabel Marant bringing back many of her iconic items from her more expensive designer line.   (I was gifted a scarf from the collection for this but it's one of those few collaborations that I really loved.  I'm going to keep watching the site to see if anyone of the items I wanted restock back in my size.)

I was looking through these pictures after taking them and I noticed something in the background of some of them.  Heh, the shadows and the lights look a bit creepy! (Or maybe I just have an overactive imagination in the dark.....)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm so grateful my family was able to escape the damage done by Typhoon Haiyan. Thanks for thinking of us! The many lives destroyed by it are so saddening though.
    Haha whoa, that is creepy shadowing there! It looks like it even has eyes what with the lights in the background.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh didn't you know? That's the ghost of fashion's past! It is considered a great honor to be in its presence! :P
    I really like the night pictures! It's different from what you usually do and adds to the ~mystery~! Glad you are holding up the fort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, the lights look like a kitty, or a wofl? :D Yup, people all over the world would try to make a buck by selling overpriced stuff.

    And blah, power shortage is the worst. I hope this snow storm will pass quickly. I was planning on making a trip to Alaska someday, maybe when I'm old and have the money :D But now, I'm reconsidering it, I don't strive in cold :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want me to check the H&M store near my office for the jacket, just let me know! I'd be happy to pick it up for you and ship it.

    Oh, I also really like these photos! We hardly ever get to see photos of you in "civilization" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely never enough ponies! & I like that you look like the femme version of an angsty movie cowboy in some of these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)