Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Frozen Over









Anthropologie Cap (ebay)
Studded Jacket c/o H&M
B.B. Dakota Dress (thrifted)
Jeffery Campbell Heels (ebay)
Silver Necklace (thrifted)
Effy Sapphire Ring

We had a small cold spell the other day and our pipes froze and broke.  Since then we've been redoing our whole pipe heating system, heat tape, coils and insulation rather than just the insulation and I'm really hoping that everything will be okay now.  The heat tape works up to -40 below zero so with the insulation the pipes should be okay in the super cold.  Ev fixed the broken pipes and now we've got running water.  Running water is such a luxury, I love it.  (Well, I think most people like running water.)

9 comments:

  1. Anthropologie cape?? Girl, I need to sign up on ebay and start hunting! I love the pieces you've been collecting Katie, you've definitely been investing in the right things.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretttyyyy! I want a cape and vivid tights. Sorry about the plumbing, though--that sounds like something my California self wouldn't be able to deal with =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, running water IS great. but for example some of our neighbours don't have it. they could but they just haven't done anything to connect themselves with the overall water pipe system (I work in that department by the way... we sell water and clean waste water).
    anyway, Katie, could your outfit be more perfect? I'm not sure because it already looks STUNNING! everything about it is just wonderful. every layer, every piece. I'm especially in love with the cape and the jacket and the dress and... okay, you probably got it already. I love the whole thing A LOT! you rock, girl!
    ps. I miss you in my blog.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing...pics...love your cape..
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. SNOW! and this outfit just makes me dream of a warm, cosy christmas. you're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I'm in love with this whole outfit, but especially the cape. It's darling and gives your outfit a storybook feel. And your pixie cut is really cute. It suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! You can't go wrong with a white dress and red tights. That cape is so amazing too. It looks wonderful with your pretty dress. You always layer your clothes in the cutest ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I missed this post! I came to see if you posted anything new and scrolled down and... was greeted by the loveliest cape ever! Kudos to you for wearing heels in the snow! I am scared

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what's lovelier - your cape or the equally gorgeous jacket underneath!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)