Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Caped Affair






Wool Cape (thrifted)
Gap Blazer (thrifted)
Talbots Sweater (thrifted)
rag & bone Leather Pants (ebay)
American Eagle Outfitters Boots and Necklaces
Dooney and Bourke Bag (thrifted)
Silk Scarf (thrifted)

I finally found the perfect cape!  I've been looking for years for a long cape, while I do like shorter ones I love the lines of a long cape.  It's dramatic, it's warm and it's a cape.  Who doesn't want to wear a cape?  (Granted, this looks more like a Hobbit Cloak than a cape so that makes it even more awesome.  An excuse to bare those hairy feet now!)

Even more awesome, the cape was five dollars, it's handmade and it has pockets on the inside.  It's about the most perfect cape ever.  Cape, I totally heart you.

7 comments:

  1. What a great find, that cape! I love all the rusty tones you're going with lately - suits you so well!

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhaha, not a hobbit, an elf! A short haired elf mind you :-D Looking great with the new cape, its a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hobbit cape! Haha, I am totally jealous over this find. Way to score Katie! I love it :)
    I have such a soft spot for maroon/reddish hues now, so your leather pants and boots are perfect to me.

    Enter to win a $50 or $30 coupon to Oasap!
    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Capes have that tendency to make those who wear it into the fierce adventurers that they are! Seriously though, this cape really is perfect, and I think you totally rock it! I would love a cape of my own someday. =3

    Also, I got your comment on my blog and I am so happy that you want to do it! Was your e-mail not working that time just a normal thing? Should I still e-mail you? What is the best way to keep in contact?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool cape! It's very fantasy book-ish! I like how you paired it with this more casual outfit. Those leather pants look great on you and I love the print on your scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like a fairytale equestrienne! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)