Monday, October 21, 2013

No One Sings a Love Song Quite Like You










Vintage Leather Jacket (thrifted)
Hat c/o H&M
Ann Klein Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Elizabeth and James Silk Dress (ebay)
BCBGeneration Leopard Loafers (thrifted)
Leather Clutch (thrifted)

I feel pretty spoiled.  I've gotten a lot of nice items this month and while I didn't spend much shopping this summer, it still feels like a lot.  This jacket and these leopard loafers were some recent thrift store winners and while I haven't visited the thrift store that much this summer, it feels like a lot.  At least everything was a purposeful purchase and not mindless spending, I've had my eye out for a leather jacket of this color for a while and while 80's jackets do dominate the leather section at our thrift store, you can find some real gems sometimes.  It's not like I find great stuff every visit though, probably 60% of the time I walk away with nothing.  It just takes going back and keeping your eyes open and having an idea of what you want, if you don't love something, don't buy it.  Seriously.  You'll end up with a closet full of WTFs that you don't want to wear and then when you find the jackpot, you won't have money for it and you'll have to pass up that Marc Jacobs dress.  I speak from experience.

And for the love of cheesecake and all that is good, if you find a cashmere Theory dress that fits perfectly, buy it!  I still can't believe I passed that one up.

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree! Ordered some bags in the last week, but didn't really LOVE one, so they went back! That jacket is insane, totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man, I know, I went through a phase of WTF purchases, but I think I've outgrown that...maybe...aha. I'll find out when I find that spectacular piece and see whether I can afford it!
    Love this pretty floral skirt and the leopard loafers Katie :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thrifting =P I love the details on that purse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket is fierce, I love this color! Also, your bag is such a gorgeous jem! I end up buying a lot of crap from thrift stores too, just because they're cheap, I'm stupid that way :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love the colours in this outfit, especially the beautiful bag. I have a lot of stuff from charity shops that were bought 'because it's cheap' and so I feel it's too good of a bargain to pass by. On the other hand my favourite hat and my winter coat were charity shop finds so I can do well some days. My friend always manages to find designer pieces though which I never do. Don't know how she does it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)