Wednesday, October 9, 2013

LWD





Bebe Leather Jacket (consignment)
Kardashian for Sears Dress
Belt c/o H&M
Seychelles Boots

I've realized I have far more white dresses than black in my closet.  I know the little black dress is considered a closet basic and even though I've begun wearing more than than I use to, I rarely wear or buy a black dress.  White dress on the other hand are a whole different story, I have a hard time putting one back on the rack at the thrift store and I'm always on the look out for them.  I have a variety of them and I think they're just so much more versatile to me than a black dress would be.  (Aside from the staying clean part.  Yay Stain Lifters!)    I really like leather jackets and boots though so maybe the white dress is just a nice counterpart to those.

I got this belt with the gift card I received from H&M for the 50 States of Fashion and this belt was the first thing I picked out, aside from my black hat and the lace dress you've seen.  Jessica Beil wore a very similar one in a photo shoot about a year ago and I liked the look of it so much that I've been watching for a similar one.  I was thrilled to find this one of the web site but I think I would caution about sizing, this was the smallest size and it was still almost too big.  It's pretty awesome looking though.

*Not sure if this counts as a sponsored post, I received the gift card for doing the 50 States contest and while I wasn't required to talk about what I choose and the whole contest is long over, I feel like I should.   I picked these out and had the freedom to choose what I wanted but they were free.

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that belt is beautiful! Reminds me of Versailles, or something equally glamorous. I love the combination of romantic, antique-feeling detail on the belt and much more modern detail on the boots.

    Your thoughts on the LWD are interesting. . . I think my equivalent, if I even have one, would be a little print dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your outfits are very well put together yet seem effortless at the same time! Those boots are killler! I especially like the white dress and dark tights combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, this belt is stunning! It compliments the white dress beautifully. Also, there are those awesome rivetted boots!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. You accessorize a white dress like nobody else I know. So keep rocking those white dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)