Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Into The Dark






Wool Coat (thrifted)
Hat and Knit Jacket c/o H&M
Fred Meyer Lace Top and Scarf
F21 Skirt (thrifted)
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Lather Bag (thrifted)
Salvatore Ferragamo Shoes (thrifted)

Well, not much going on here today, I'll just pretend that I'm just showing the layers out my outfits. (And working really hard on not looking at the camera!  Totally nailed that.)  I just realized that this was the second time this week I've paired this jacket and top together, I guess I'm just a sucker for lacey tops and patterned jackets.  I really only ended up throwing on my jacket at the end of the day, the weather  was so warm the ice started melting off the pond today.  Haha, at this rate winter will never come.  Score!

Of course, I'm saying that and tomorrow the temps will plunge to -40 so in advance, I apologize to all of my fellow Interior residents, it was all my fault this year.

I've noticed that while last year I wore a lot of colorful tights, this year Ive been sticking to mostly black or brown tights and I really haven't felt that much like wearing bright tights.  I'm not sure what up with that, I've been leaning towards a lot more black than usual and I'm normally all about the brightness in winter.  Either I'm finally growing up or my black soul is just showing it's true colors.  

That's right, join me on the dark side.  We have cheesecake.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, black soul, yeah right :P
    I'm not much for colorful tights this year either. Hmmm, what's up with that?
    Ah well, dark neutrals just go so perfectly with everything!
    Love the mix of print and texture. Your layering is fantastic in this outfit :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skirts with pockets!!! That gets me every time (in a good way)
    I joked with my dad earlier that it will snow on Halloween day. Of course, the joke will be on me since I want to take Lilah (my little one) trick or treating.
    You always have great style! I feel like I could easily write that every time I comment, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheesecake?! I'm enticed. Your black soul is looking mighty fine! As usual, I love the lace and the combination of patterns/textures

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layering in this outfit really is awesome! I love the way all the textures and patterns work together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for lace tops and patterned jackets/sweaters too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)