Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Autumnal Starkness













Silk Scarf (thrifted)
J.Crew Coat (thrifted)
Express Strappless Dress (thrifted)
Old Navy Tights (Which are awesome, they're nice and thick with a little transparency, I think I'll start getting my tights from them for now on.)
Dooney and Burke Bag (thrifted)
AE cuffs and Vintage Brass Floral Cuff
Rag and Bone Harrow Boots (ebay)

I was really excited about my outfit today because tada, my new(to me) boots just came in the mail.  I'd mentioned a while back that I really wanted a pair of the Rag and Bone Harrow boots and I've searched for some cheaper alternatives for the past few months with no luck.  I really like the particular look of these so I've been saving up parts of my checks for a pair.  They go on ebay for usually 30 to 40% cheaper than they do in the stores but I got lucky with this pair, getting them lightly used for almost half off.    I was really nervous because aside from my actual Ariat riding boots, I've never paid this much for a pair of shoes but wow, I'm happy I went for it.  These have to be the most comfortable shoes in my closet, there's a ton of padding and they're at such a comfortable heel height, I had no trouble wearing them all day.    They're gorgeous and I'm really happy that I held out for them and saved up.


7 comments:

  1. babe alert!! I can't even handle how gorgeous these photos/your outfit/you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, congrats on the new booties, they rock! I love you in that dress! The way you accessorize is just perfect, the scarf is so dreamy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well, what can I say.. it's another gorgeous outfit from you. so classy and elegant. and even the gloomy background looks beautiful behind an outfit like that. I really enjoyed the photos. now, when it comes to my favourite pieces I adore the combo of your scarf and coat (and feel some sorrow when I think about what happened to my own favourite coats). the dress is really cool too and of course your arm candy. what a big statement candy that is! great job, Katie, as always.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new boots look great! It's always wonderful when a new pair of shoes is actually comfortable.
    I also just really adore this whole outfit. You styled this strapless dress so perfectly. I love the way your red coat looks with the pattern on your scarf. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty outfit. I really love the red coat. It's so bright and cheerful. And those boots look great, too. I love when shoes are both stylish AND comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know what to comment on because everything is beautiful?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so amazing in red. You should wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)