Sunday, September 15, 2013

Your Nineties Are Showing























































Old Navy Jacket
Loft Sweater (thrifted)
Old Navy Cami
Turquoise Necklace via Fair Vendor
Jeans (thrifted)
Leather Boots c/o H&M

I guess I love ankle boots almost as much as I love hats!   I'm really trying to branch out a bit with my style and wear things that normally would be pjs only, like this over-sized sweater.   Having short hair again makes me fell a little more at ease with trying outfits that aren't super sweet, with the long hair I always felt like a little bit of a poser wearing more laid back outfit. (Does that makes sense? It might be me just over thinking it in my head.)

Speaking of pj comfort and clothes, I'm on the look out for some loose silk pants.  I really like the silhouette of them and silk pants seem like the ultimate in comfort.  The only downside to silk pants, it seems like they might wrinkle easily.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pop of color from your necklace! It is so pretty with the over-sized sweater. This outfit looks so comfy but also really cute. Silk pants look so comfortable to wear but yeah the wrinkles seems like it might be a problem :( Maybe loose pants in a different fabric instead :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ankle boots, hats...you're just making my obsession with these trends more profound! Also, I think you may have been overthinking it with the long hair...haha, I love what you've been wearing since cutting your hair though - its like off with the hair and on with amazing outfits! Love the casual-cool vibe of this look. 90's indeed :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if the pants are just silk-like? I know polyester isn't supposed to be the cool-kid fabric but it seems like for something like pants it might be a better option. Which just reminded me that in the 90s I had a pair of black with white pinstriped loose "silk" pants that I wore all the freaking time. You're right. The 90s are back.

    Oh, and I can totally understand why you wouldn't think your long hair would go with this outfit. Too much like a 90s stoner :-) I would just think Jay & Silent Bob all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)