Monday, September 23, 2013

Woodland Rebel






Bebe Leather Jacket(consignment)
Old Navy Top
Express Jeans (thrifted)
Rampage Boots
Salvatore Ferragamo Handbag (thrifted)

Another one of my little brothers had his birthday this week, September is a busy month birthday wise! I have a few friends with birthdays at the end, relatives with birthdays throughout out the month and Ev's birthday was yesterday.  Whew, that's a lot to keep up with.  We ended up getting my little brother a record player and a bunch of classic rock records to play, he's a huge music junkie and it's something he's wanted for quite a while.  It was wonderful to see him so excited about it and we got to have quite a long talk about why Creed sucks. (They just do.)  Ev got to pick out some new tools for his birthday, it's probably not the most exciting thing ever but hey, dudes and tools.  Power tools, even better.    I feel like I should insert some kind of Home Improvement gif here,  Tim the Toolman Taylor and his antics always come to mind when power tools are mentioned.  My family freaking loved that show when it was on the air, mostly because Tim Allen's character reminded us so much of our own dad.  (Yeah, seriously he's like that.  Can fix everything, very funny and extra horsepower is ALWAYS better.)

I made cakes for everyone since I enjoy baking and when I asked Ev what he wanted for his birthday dinner he said Mexican casserole.  Not tot blow my own horn but I made a awesome casserole, using this recipe. (I added green chilies through, they add a little more favor.)

5 comments:

  1. I missed you getting a cut! I love the new do! and your photos are looking mighty amazing, lady! I love these boots and that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit! I really love your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuuum, this casserole looks delicious, I bet you made it even better!
    Looking so bad ass with that biker jacket :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hair!!! it looks amazing!! not many people can pull off short hair but you my friend are killing it!

    Em

    (love the jacket and boots too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh I just can't get over the fact how much you remind me of Carey Mulligan with that haircut. it's unreal, how much! :D okay, happy birthday to all of your loved ones! and this ensemble sure looks rebel ;) the leather jacket with those killer boots and of course the bag, they all make a pretty amazing whole together and I love it with your short hair. oh and the colours of that shirt are gorgeous!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)