Monday, September 2, 2013

The Last Hurrah
































Old Navy Jacket and Shorts (left over birthday gift card)
American Eagle Outfitters Necklace
Fred Meyer Tank (very old)
MIA2 Loafers (thrifted)
Vintage Leather Saddle Bag (garage sale)

I'd been saving a birthday gift card to Old Navy for  a while now and aside from a pair of shorts, was planning to just use it for the kids.  (Old Navy's kids fleece-lined pants are the bomb for winter time.)  I took Gunnar school shopping last week and let him use most of it for some clothes but I did end up getting this jacket with part of it.  I'd been planning to replace my old military style jacket after I caught it on a nail and ripped a huge hole in the side and this jacket ended up being almost perfect. I really like the length and the shoulders are loose enough for wearing a sweater underneath but not so big that it looks sloppy.   I think this might have been the last day for bare legs and shorts though, the temp dropped quite a bit and its getting really cold in the morning now. (STAY AWAY WINTER.)

3 comments:

  1. I love this rugged jacket. It looks great with your simple denim shorts and tank top. Your bag is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, sounds like the cold is hitting you already!
    Better wear those shorts while you can, haha. Love the new military jacket! That's a definite fall favorite piece to have :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. how marvelous that you found such a great replacement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)