Monday, September 9, 2013

Rise and Shine Sunny





















































J.J. Basics Jacket
Old Navy shirt (old)
Rewash Jeans
B. Makowsky  Leather Bag (thrifted)
Loafers (thrifted)
Hat c/o H&M
Gold and Tanzanite Earrings

I've never taken pictures in the morning, mostly because I''m focused on getting to work and I'm always a little out of it.  It's not that I'm not a morning person because I do actually like getting up and being outside when the sun rises(or before as soon will be the case) I just never quite feel "picture worthy."  It must be morning face or something.

I've really been working on my wardrobe.  A lot of my jeans have been filtered out, either because they don't fit any more or in the case of a lot of my brightly colored jeans, just because I don't wear them enough or I have trouble building outfits around them.  I really do gravitate more towards natural colors so a pair of bright pink jeans just doesn't quite work.  (Thinking back, I guess I could wear a camel colored sweater and that would be cute but, eh, its over and done with.)  I've also worn out a lot of my jeans this summer between work and working on the house and the property so I've been slowing adding new jeans into my closet.  I was trying to be careful and think about only saving up for nice(aka expensive) jeans but I tried these jeans on at our local Fred Meyer store and damn if they don't fit better than many of my nicer jeans.  The rise is good on my shorter torso, they're an actual ankle length on me and I like details like double zipper.  They were also $16 and I've now worn them almost everyday for the past week to work and they're holding up pretty well.   Yay for awesome, cheap finds.  (Although I suppose they probably were made in a sweatshop under horrible conditions so I'm a cheap, evil sellout.)

7 comments:

  1. Wow such a chic and stylish outfit! That jacket is amazing!!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jeans do look amazing on you! What a great find for only $16!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, you are really a hat person, too! Love that one, that shape really suits xou well. The light in your pics is phantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, you are really a hat person, too! Love that one, that shape really suits xou well. The light in your pics is phantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like autumn there already, so lovely! your outfit is classic. you're right, if you're over the stuff, it definitely needs to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those jeans are amazing, I can't believe they cost less than $20! The bowler hat and leather sleeved jacket are the perfect extras.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)