Sunday, September 1, 2013

It was a dark and stormy night...





















































Dress c/o H&M
Seychelles Boots


.....or so begins the most cliche story line ever....


I've never taken picture with no natural light at all, I've always had a bit of twilight to help out with the low light conditions so this was quite a challenge for me.  I ended up using one of our hand lights to get just a bit more light into the pictures and I'm pretty thrilled with how these turned out.  We get some pretty awesome mist and fog along our little pond and river during cold nights and I've really wanted to try to capture that on camera.  I still have a ways to go but right at the moment, I pleased that I was able to capture what I was picturing in my head into pictures, even though I see the flaws.

This dress was one of the items I picked out with my gift card I was compensated with from H&M, I'm definitely a sucker for a chiffon maxi dress and this one has just the prettiest detailing.  I didn't get any pictures of the dress really, I'll have to fix that with some actual "outfit" pictures!

In other news, I was interviewed by Eve's Addiction, a jewelry website.  I use to work in jewelry sales and I'm a nut about fine jewelry so it was fun to talk about!  You can read my interview at their blog, Eve's Addiction.  They're doing a huge interview series right now with bloggers from all 50 states, so it's a pretty interesting read. (And it IS about jewelry.)

*I was not compensated for this, it was a interview and I'm always delighted to talk about myself...er, jewelry!  It was a ton of fun and really in depth interview as well.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa...you are so creative Katie! Way to make use of your own light, they turned out really dark and dreamy! Reminds me of the first Supernatural episode about the lady in white...haha

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohoo, stunning photos Katie! Love the effect with that lamp, it's so creepy and mystical! <3
    Gonna read the interview now. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so beautiful and even breathing, I definitely agree, you are so creative! Photographs are gorgeous!!
    gave a blessed day ahead)

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photos turned out great! I love the way you experiment with your camera, the lighting, and your natural settings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)