Sunday, September 29, 2013

I Waited All Night For You










Bebe Coat (thrifted)
Urban Vibe Dress
Payless Heels (thrifted)
B. Makowsky Leather Bag (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Scarf


I drive over these tracks at least once a day and it's never that busy of an area until the one day I decided to take pictures and then it is Time Square Central.  It wouldn't have been so bad if people had just kept driving but they all had to slow down to watch and wow, have I gotten use to hiding away and taking pictures out of sight.  The shame is back in full force now.  (I was actually a ways back from the road on the tracks so it's not like I was blocking the tracks, it was just embarrassing.)  Normally the discomfort at being watched comes across in pictures and kind of just wreaks them but in this cases, I think it worked for the overall mood.


6 comments:

  1. wow, that coat is incredible, hoope you'll post some coloured pics of it soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! The sixth one looks like it belongs in a magazine. I love how you juxtaposed the studded, fitted dress with the drapey coat and soft print of the scarf - you are a pro at bringing together disparate items into a personally expressive, stylish outfit. So glad you got through the embarrassment of being watched while taking photos ... they were worth the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to pull through and get these photos! I would've chickened out if everyone started stopping and watching...ugh. But these were so worth it - you look like a model! I adore the fitted dress with the mixed media jacket. Plus, the scarf ties it all together. I also really like the sepia tone you chose to go with. Definitely fits the mood of these photos beautifully

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha. This is sooo true. The only time I don't feel extremely embarrassed when being photographed is when I'm drunk. But then I make a squinty eye drunken kind of face expression :D
    The photos were totally worth it! The dress look so sexy with your short pixie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it ironic that bloggers go out of their way to make their photos visible to the world, yet we squirm as soon as we're being watched in person? When I'm watched it kind of feels like someone's drawing back a dressing room curtain. Anyways, this dress is fantastic. Since it's an allover slim fit it would go well under sweaters for winter (or maybe fall in your case ;))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)