Friday, September 27, 2013

Deceptions Fall With The Leaves









American Eagle Outfitters Blazer (thrifted)
George Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Forever 21 Skirt (thrifted)
Leather Duffle (thrifted)
Seychelles Heels

I love my leather duffle so much, I feel like I should be putting smiley faces into my sentences when I talk about it. I'll try to refrain from that but I do have to talk about how awesome it is to have a bag big enough to lug all of my horse gear around and whatever another stuff I just have to have and to have bag that looks nice is kinda awesome.  I suppose looking nice is subjective of course, people go nuts over the latest sportswear and duffles where I just really like old, worn in leather.  (Because when was the last time you looked at a worn-in gym duffle and went "wow, that looks great" with all of the rips, stains and stuff?  Yeah, never.  You went "ewww, time to toss that in the wash!")

I am pretty grumpy that even though I ironed this skirt, the wrinkles still set in pretty heavily.  Yay linen.  I know, I know better about buying linen skirts but after this, I tried out a few different fabric starch sprays and wow, world of difference here people.  I used the Niagara Spray and it works really well at lifting out the wrinkles and for linen, keeping it fairly wrinkle free.

6 comments:

  1. The fall colors in your outfit are beautiful! The burgundy color - looooove it ^_^
    Also, having a bag that's both fashionable and practical? You can't beat those types of pieces!
    Your elbow patches are also making me ready to start sewing on some patches onto my blazers as well

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so pretty with its perfect fall colors! I love the way your mustard skirt looks with those burgundy tights. Makes me wish I had some tights in that color so I could recreate this look. I have a skirt that's really similar to yours and it always looks wrinkled no matter when I ironed it, so I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...i HATE when wrinkles won't come out, even after you spend about 20 minutes ironing! I do love these colors, though. Perfect for fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I have that skirt still...I love it!! (except the wrinkles of course...very annoying at the end of the day it looks like a mess!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was scrolling through these pictures I was thinking 'I swear, if she thrifted that bag...' Who am I kidding? Of course you did. Is Alaska some secret thrifting mecca or (more likely) are you just THAT GOOD? Either way, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)