Sunday, September 8, 2013

Clouds Roll In



































Hat (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Jacket
Old Navy Tee
Lux Skirt (thrifted, made in USA)
Rampage Boots
Suede Belt (thrifted)
Gold and Tourmaline Pendent

So I've been trying for the past few months to set up one of my little brothers and a friend's little sister.  They both work a lot of hours so every chance we've had, someone's had to work or stuff's come up and yeah.   She's a really cool, outdoorsy chick and I dearly love her family so I keep thinking that her and my brother would make just a terribly cute couple so today he offered to come with me to work and hang out a little in hopes of finally getting to meet her and whaddya know, they met and now they've got a date to go bow hunting.  How freakin' cute is that?    I know, it's adorable!  He'd been walking around all day with a huge grin on his face and he's really excited so I'm thrilled for both of them.

I was really excited about this hat, Ev found it when we were all at the thrift store and it's almost an exact replica of the Rag and Bone fedora that I've had my heart set on. (And was at a fraction of the price.)  I'm such a hat person, it's always fun to add a new hat to the collection and since I very, VERY stupidly put two of my hat in the washer(I KNOW) I've been needing to replace a few.

I know, I still can't believe I thought it would be a good idea to stick felt and wool hats in the washer.  I think my brain was mush by that point, some people checked in really early that day and I hadn't had time to clean anything.  I was panicking and mentally running through my list when the lady stopped and ask "what's the dogs' names?"  Now, I've known these dogs for years but I frozen and with a deer in the headlights look on my face, answered "I don't know."    Realizing how STUPID that sounded, I tried to make it better "I just call them puppy."  Yeah, shoot me now.    I'm beginning to have nightmares about early check-ins and large parties just showing up weeks early and me having forgot to make either their room reservations of the tour or plane reservations.    (Me helping out a friend with her B&B has turned into a second job, I have a lot of experience from running our own business so I understand working with the credit card merchs, tour reservations, computer work and Quick-books, along with working with the Tour Groups and attractions around town.  I do that and then clean everything and work with the guests.  It's a lot of fun but I really do hate those unexpected or early arrivals, they just throw everything off.)


9 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty burgundy hat and I love the printed maxi! Such a great fall outfit :)

    That's so awesome that you set up your brother and friend's sister, hope their date went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I used to put a lot of woolen sweaters in the washing machine until I was left with none. So I end up buying acrylic sweaters :D
    Loving the hat, and the gorgeous print on the skirt!

    I usually avoid hooking up people, because they always end up fighting and blame me for hooking them up >.< But I'm sure you're a much better matchmaker than me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this new hat! What a wonderful find :)
    Gotta love it when you discover something you've been searching for and for such a good price!
    Lovely print maxi skirt too <3
    Awww, and that's so cute how you set those two up. Hope their date goes well! ;)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your short hair with that hat on really makes your eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove this outfit and I'm going to try to copy it ASAP. It's still pretty hot here (n. california) so I'll have to wait, but definitely saving a picture to my file. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my fave looks from you! Burgundy really is your colour. That haat is even better than the black H&M one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my fave looks from you! Burgundy really is your colour. That haat is even better than the black H&M one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are stunning :) Love everything about this outfit!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww about your brother! boo about the washed hats. was it a dishwasher or clothes washer. or does it even matter? very pretty pictures and outfit katie girl. i think nearly everyone has nightmares about where they work now, or where they've worked in the past. i know i have, & several people have told me they do too. you are skilled at many things, most of which i haven't a clue about. so take it easy on yourself. the next time you forget you can say um my brain just went dead for a minute. i will give you that answer when, or if, it starts working again. jokes can be a great distraction. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)