Friday, September 13, 2013

Catch the Embers
































Sweater (thrifted)
Dress c/o H&M
Seychelles Heels
Handmade Necklace

One of my favorite things to do is as the weather starts turning colder and the nights get longer is to have fires and just relax next to them throughout the evening.  There's just something really chill about everyone hanging out by a bonfire.  (I'm one of those people who'd always cold and ends up standing/sitting almost right in the fire.  Yeah, I'm that person, freezing and blue on the front and burnt and red on the back.)  

I've really been wanting to try to play with photos by fire light and this was the first evening that I had something even halfway photograph-able on, every other night it's been worn out jeans and a fleece because I'd been working outside.  It was a fun experiment but I'm really going to have to give this pretty dress a proper outfit post on of these days.  It just lends itself so well to night time photography that I can't help myself.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it Katie! Your photography is seriously inspiring. Love your creativity and how you set out and just do it. Firelit photos are definitely something to try now. Love how yours turned out :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fire in these pictures! So cool! And that sweater looks so comfy :) It's mid-50s here but it feels freezing 'cause it's been in the 90s. So a sweater seems just about right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my first time camping. I had a terrible cold and basically felt like shit the whole time :D But as soon as we set up a fire, all of my symptoms vanished and I just sat there staring at the glowing warm body :D

    I love these photos, you're getting more and more creative. Awesome sweater too, looks so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you nailed the firelight in your very artistic shots! sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures turned out so pretty! I love how the firelight looks with your white outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! This is the perfect bonfire nymph outfit :-)

    That is the one thing I miss about living outside city limits: bonfires. We used to save up all our yard waste and our Christmas tree and have several big bonfires throughout the year. They're so fun! And, yes, I'm just like you. Burnt up and red on one side and cold on the other :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)