Monday, September 16, 2013

Autumn By The Pond























































Joie Silk Dress (ebay)
Old Navy Jacket
Seude Belt (thrifted)
Clarks Oxfords (thrifted)

I've noticed that oxfords seem to be a big thing for the fall season this year.  I'm not sure what to think about that since I'm never very on trend but it does mean that I've seen some really cute loafers and oxfords. I found this Clarks pair a little while ago at Value Village and it was exciting to finally find some cute shoes in my size!  It seems like all of the people in town who have really nice and cute shoes have really tiny feet.  Seriously, the size 5 through 7 section at our thrift stores is amazing! So if you live in Fairbanks or the surrounding area and have small feet, go to Value Village.  You will not be disappointed.

Thank you everyone for your sweet words and well wishes for Jack the other day.  As you can see, he hasn't learned his lesson at all.

6 comments:

  1. I really love this outfit! And yeah, everytime I thrift all the cute shoes are like...3 sizes too small! haha. Anyways, that last picture is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a beautiful day in alaska! another fab outfit by katie. i read your interview the other day. i learned so many fun, and new things about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You defs live around the best thrift stores ever! I seen the oxfords all over...not sure I will give in to the trend...I don't think they are flattering on short people...haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing missing from this post is a picture of said shoes! lol, tall grass makes it tricky. I'm totally on board like the oxfords/loafers trend because I'm a sucker for anything preppy and slightly mannish and they provide welcome respite from heels. I'm glad you found a thrifted pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to spot the shoes, but that gorgeous setting is not allowing me to! Haha, the rest of the outfit looks wonderful though. I just adore floral print dresses, and the tough mix of your brown jacket and cool print tights is a great combination :)
    Plus, that last photo? MODEL STATUS.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit so much! And the photos are incredibly beautiful, just wow!

    xoxo
    Mathilde from
    Parisian Fairytale

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)