Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ten Thousand Steps to Midnight








































Great Northwest Hat
American Rag Vest (thrifted)
BCBGMaxAzaria Silk Dress (thrifted)
Gap Leather Flats (thrifted)

Argh, I almost, almost caught the red light this evening.  I was just a minute too late to capture more than one photo of it and while I'm really pleased with how the light showed up in the pictures, I still want to capture that red sun right before it slips under the horizon.  I did a little bit of experimenting with the head lights on low and while it really only showed up in the full body picture, I think it really worked nicely with the background light.   It's definitely fun trying to shoot in the different lighting situations and I think I'm getting a little better at it.  Not much to say about the outfit aside that I like it.  Hats and vests, what can I say?  I really am predictable....

5 comments:

  1. That 6th photo = <3
    Oh my word, it is stunning! I love how the red of the setting sun was caught. Aha, you may say you almost did, but I think you did great! Hats and vests are an awesome summery layer to add to anything.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that second to last photo is gorgeous! I love that little window of time at the end of the day when the light is just perfect. and at least you got to get one picture with the red light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do the best job of photographing with the sun behind you. I always feel like my photos are too dark when I do that. But you manage to catch enough interesting lighting to make the photos be less about the outfit and more about the whole scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress...and there is nothing wrong with wearing hats...:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)