Sunday, August 18, 2013

Somebody Else's Heartbreak





























B.B.Dakota Dress (thrifted)
MIA2 Loafers (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Handbag
Scarf (gift)
Silver Cuff and silver Ring via State Fair Vendor

The newest trend for Fall 2013?  Band-aids.  You can go classic with the little beige band-aid or sassy with a Scobby Doo band-aid.  Feeling fierce?  Rock a Transformer one!

Yeah, that's a round about way of saying I'm really clumsy. (As if everyone didn't realize that by the crazy amount of bruises I manage to acquire during the summer.)   I use to get those horrible bruises right behind my knees and I couldn't figure out where they were coming from.  I was starting to get worried and thinking about going to the doctor when I realized it was from *lightly* bumping the back of my legs on the car seat when I'd get in.   So when summer comes around and both of my jobs are in full force, I'm usually just one big black and blue mess.

We were -planning on going down to Anchorage this weekend but everyone ended up getting really sick the night before.  A 7 hour car ride with three puking people didn't sound very nice so the trip was scrapped which is okay, we're gearing up for a really busy fall season and Gunnar's going to his first day of school this week so we'll try to make time for a trip maybe in October.



5 comments:

  1. I just love this outfit and I think I could easily recreate it with stuff in my closet! If I do...I'll let you know :p Anyways, yeah I bruise very easily too. The other day I woke up with the hugest bruise on my thigh but I have no idea where it came from!!!! so weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so flattering on you! The cut works perfectly.

    Is bruising like that just a hazard of fair-skinned people? Or does it signal something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee are you hitchhiking? hahah I noticed the bandaid too...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I like to rock Iron Man band aids personally, but a Transformer one is right up that alley :)
    I love this lace dress girl, and that print scarf (*drool*) Yes!
    Also, thanks for the thoughtful comments once again, I'm always happy when you visit :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. the band aids writing is superb, oh clever one. that is one very stunning lace dress. holy thrifty awesomeness! i want a cuff from the fair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)