Thursday, August 8, 2013

Reflections in the Water































Hat (No label)
American Rag Vest (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Tee Shirt
J.Brand Floral Jeans (thrifted)
Jeffery Campbell Flats
Silver Cuffs (via a vendor at the fair)

I need to start going to the thrift store with a mental image of what I would like to find.  These jeans are the fourth thing I've found this past month that was an item I'd been thinking about adding to my list.  One of those was the Sanctuary Pink Embroidered jeans I wore earlier, I'd been looking bat those on the website and really eye balling them and then a week later, I found them hidden among the Old Navy and Gap jeans at the Salvation Army.   I've really been wanting a pair of patterned jeans that were easy to wear as well, I have my polka dot jeans from American Eagle but they're not quite as versatile as I'd hoped they would be.  I'd been looking at this exact pair because I like the softness of the pattern and I wear a lot of gray.  I spotted the pattern down the aisle and got freakishly lucky again when I was at Value Village looking for curtain.  Next week, I'm looking for an Irish Sporthorse, preferably a bay about 17 hands tall who's a scopey jumper.  (And if this happens, I'll have to swear off thrifting because it just doesn't get any better than that.)

Crazy luck aside, this was a fun outfit to wear.  I've really turned into such a hat person but you know, they're just about essential in the heat.  I forgot my hat the other day when I was working outside in the 90 degree weather and ended up almost passing out.  I'm kind of an idiot, I work really hard and fast and I always forget to take account of the heat and pace myself, I've manage to give myself sunstroke more than a few time this summer. (Granted, its been a hotter summer than usual but that's not much of an excuse.  I'm lucky I don't live in Texas or Florida, I'd probably kill myself in a week from working in the heat!)



4 comments:

  1. You are the thrifting queen for sure! It's like the items know to come to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Rag vest...thrifted??
    I'm jealous of your finds *_*
    Looooove the setting for these photos too!
    Haha, and I know, some people can't handle heat. Personally, I love dry heat, its the humidity that kills me

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is absolutely beautiful! You've inspired me to wear more hats, and turquoise :)

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)