Monday, August 12, 2013

Moonlight Reverie



















































Elizabeth and James Silk Dress (ebay)
Old Navy Vest
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Franco Leather Sandals
Fred Meyer Bag

The colors really work in the picture but unfortunately I really didn't get many decent pictures out of this set.  It's a pain trying to shoot in the twilight because it either works or it doesn't, there isn't much of a half point. I think a big part of it is choosing colors that will show up but it's also tricky trying to capture even light, I end up looking splotchy in at least half of my pictures because I didn't get even light.

Oh dear, I'm starting to talk about picture taking a lighting more than the weather.  It's going downhill fast....


7 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing, I can never get decent photos in low light. These look so atmospheric and moody. Also, love this dress on you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your photos turned out really well! Just beautiful, in fact! And the dress is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job, considering there is no light. My photos turn crapidy crap when I shoot at dark :D

    Loving that dress ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I don't like taking photos at dark at all! it usually drives me crazy because the light.. or actually the lack of it can be such a pain in the a** :D you did a great job, Katie!
    and what a beautiful dress that is, brights up the dark night a bit ;) oh and your bag with those delicate embellishments is so cute as well.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahaha, photography talk can take over when the weather fails, huh?
    I don't know how you do these kind of shoots! When it gets dark, I get so frustrated trying to capture lighting. You did an AMAZING job though. Seriously!
    That print dress is lovely and I like that jacket you added.
    Also, thanks for all the comments and your advise on that roommate situation. Only time will reveal the end to this conflict. It sucks since I'm such an impatient person...

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pictures look nice in this lighting! They're nice and crisp for having so little light.

    Also your outfit is cute as always. I really like the layering going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too hard on yourself photography-wise! These photos are lovely and the color of the sky really off-sets yet compliments the colors in the dress. If only I could get my husband to take photos that end up looking like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)