Friday, August 23, 2013

AK Pride (or Alaska Girls Kick Ass)



































Hat c/o H&M
Zara Sweater (ebay)
Express Jeans (thrifted)
Seychelles Wedges 
Leather Clutch (thrifted)

*sigh*   

Fall's here up in Fairbanks and I'm not just saying that to jump on the "OMGFALL!" train but I woke up to another frost, 30 degrees, rain and leaves changing color.  This can only mean one thing: IT'S COMING.

Winter.

Yup and I still have so much to do before we hit the really cold weather.  Hey, at least I have a really cool new hat and you know, I dont think I'm ever going to take it off. (So warning ion advance, you may grow sick of seeing it.)

Also, ALASKA FOR THE WIN!   H&M annocced the winners for their 50 states of Fashion today with the five regional winners being:



Northeast: Francisca from Massachusetts, http://instagram.com/p/cfKODJI6gQ/ 
Southeast: Ashley from Arkansas, http://instagram.com/p/c4d8pbvA-N/ 
Southwest:  Michelle from Texas, http://50statesoffashion.com/start?i=7524
West: Alicia from Alaska, http://instagram.com/p/ccJBQONkcw/
Midwest: Priscilla from Kansas, http://instagram.com/p/cU1w6rzJVu/

Look at that, an Alaskan did win !  Congrats Alicia of The Wild Muse for winning the West region! I thought Alaska did a really great showing in the contest, there are some crazy stylish women(and dudes!) up here and I'm just really proud of everyone.  Congratulations to all of the other winners as well, that was some fierce competition!   As soon as I learn, I'll be sure to announce the grand prize winner.

Heh as for the title, That's a well known Alaska brand, Alaska Girls Kick Ass.  I'm pretty sure almost every AK girl owns one of those tees or sweatshirts.

5 comments:

  1. We basically do kick ass. And I'm glad I didn't win because I looked back more closely at the official rules and apparently you have to be 21 to enter? Like what the heck! Haha oh well. It was a fun contest and congrats to the regional winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Winter's coming...it sounds so ominous! At least you'll survive it in style. Your elbow patched sweater is inspiring me to do some DIY'ing on my sweaters. Its such a cute detail to add!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so, I feel like I've been away from your blog forever and a day, and today this post popped up in my newsfeed and I was like, "gee, I haven't seen her in awhile. I better visit. She always has great outfits. Man, I love that hat. She's got all her glorious hair curled up inside it."

    And then I was like OH MY GOSH SHE CUT OFF HER HAIR INTO A PIXIE AND IT LOOKS FABULOUS.

    So then I started reading all the posts I had missed and I realized that you cut all your hair off periodically for a beautiful thing and you're just a really cool woman.

    Also, about the contest thing: The woman who won for Alaska is beautiful and has a good sense of style but I really, really thought you deserved to win. I can't explain it. I have always found your style very unique and bordering on trendsetting; it really describes the Alaskan spirit. But congrats to the girl who won! And you handled it awesome. :)

    Ahem. Now to the clothes.

    This outfit seems really relaxed and comfy. I love the elbow patches on your sweater!

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,

    Thanks again! I too was glad to see other stylish Alaskans submitting their photos! It was a tough competition, and I'm truly honored to have been chosen.

    Love the new hair by the way!

    Xo
    Alicia

    www.wild-muse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Russia so I definitely know what does it mean then the winter is coming. The summer was so short and so soon snow will be everywhere, that's really depressing:( these pictures are so beautiful, I'm really impressed by nature of wonderful Alaska.

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)