Friday, July 12, 2013

That's a Lot of Hats





















































American Eagle Oufitters Jacket
French Connection for Sears Dress
Leather boots (thrifted)
Silver Cuff (thrifted)

So I got to go see the Lone Ranger for my birthday. (thank you all for your birthday wishes!) Given my track record and general grumpiness with movies, I'm sure you all think I hated it.

Nope, I want a sequel now.   It was all I wanted out of a Lone Ranger reboot and even though the critics really, really hated it, I absolutely loved it.  I actually squealed at the train scene when the Lone Ranger theme (I know, it's not really a score written just for the Lone Ranger but as a kid, I always thought it was!) started to play.   It's not an Oscer worthy movie but as a pretty die hard fan, I was really delighted with the whole movie.  Even with Johnny Depp trying to play Jack Sparrow in makeup was okay, although a lot better when he toned it down.  






















American Eagle Jacket
American Eagle Jeans (thrifted)
Joie silk Blouse (gift)
Handbag (gift)
Steve Madden Heels (second hand via ebay)
Silver Cuff and Necklace (thrifted)
AE Arrow Cuff

This is what I wore on my birthday, I only got a few garbage picture of it even though I really enjoyed the outfit.  Those heels make me SO tall!  (At least, I feel really tall, close to regular people height with them on!)  We had prime rib at the Turtle Club out in Fox which is considered the "fancy" place in Fairbanks.  If you ever come up, you have to go there for dinner, their prime rib is insane.



















































Joie Dress (ebay)
Mia2 Loafers (thrifted)
Dooney and Burke Handbag (thrifted)
Green Sweater (thrifted)

Loved this outfit, that sweater has got to be one of the most comfortable things ever.  I feel a little silly though, not only am I stealing old men's style by wearing grandpa sweaters and loafers, the leather cowboy belt I wore today was identical to the belts almost every old man wore in the store today!  Before you know it, I'll be hiking my britches up to my armpits....























































Old Navy Vest (thrifted)
Elizabeth and James Silk Dress (ebay)
Dooney and Burke Bag (thrifted)
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Leather Sandals (thrifted)

Speaking of old man belts, here's mine.















































Blouse (thrifted)
Old Navy Jeans and Hat
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Seychelles Boots
Dooney and Burke Handbag (thrifted)

Heh, I hated this outfit until I saw it in the photos.  I didnt think it really looked very good in person and I'm still not quite sold on the red jeans, but next time I'll have to pair the blouse with some wide legged pants.  Full seventies baby.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I can't wait to see the Lone Ranger now!!!! And can I say I LOVE that green cardigan? It's fantastic. And I have outfits that I think are goofy until I see them in pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where to start? All of these outfits are so fantastic. I especially love the jacket from the first two outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I love how many outfit photos you include in a single post! I adore all of them Katie, my favorite would have to be the one of your in that dress with the rich, emerald green cardi. So pretty :)
    Also, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the Lone Ranger! I certainly did, and I loved the theme music playing during that train scene too

    Enter to win a Snoozer Loser pendant!
    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red jeans look great with that top!

    Also, you look amazing in hats so keep on wearing them with all your outfits :-)

    AND HOW DID YOU FIND THAT VEST AT THE THRIFT STORE?? I've been hunting for that vest for months! Jealous!

    And the first outfit in this post? Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was an outfit extravaganza of fun, and i enjoyed it! sounds like you had a grand birthday katie! here's to johnny depp movies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)