Friday, July 12, 2013

Mosquito Net Skirt






















































Alexa Greeco Tulle Skirt (ebay)
Old Navy Shirt (thrifted)
Steve Madden Heels (ebay)
Leather Saddle Purse (thrifted)
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Old Navy Hat

This skirt actually does have a practical use, it's a mosquito trap!  (As I discovered while wearing it, way too many mosquito got into it and between the layers of tulle.)  I've been droolin g over this skirt for quite a while and while it's not something I can wear every day, it is a really beautiful and fun skirt to wear.  And darn it, I'm going to do my best to wear in a way that makes no one go "oh, just like Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City!"    Western accessories ahoy....


10 comments:

  1. that skirt ist brilliant, ha, I instantly thought about Carrie and SATC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT YOUR SKIRT! O_O It's so fluffy and beautiful! Perfect mosquito trap you say? Even better :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie! How have you been dear, sorry I haven't visited in ages, I have no idea where the time goes. I am swooning over that gorgeous skirt, the flair and fit is feminine perfection, you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well yeah, so I'm hoppin' on the first plane to Alaska so I can borrow that skirt :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this shoot is magical! Love this outfit :) That color is amazing on you!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, hey, clothes that act as double duty pieces are the best! I love this mosquito net skirt ;)
    The tulle material is amazing!

    Enter to win a Snoozer Loser pendant!
    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is beautiful! I love how poufy it is and the color is gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen a tulle skirt being worn with western accessories but it looks awesome, it's a really cool mix of styles! Hahahaha that's good that it work as a mosquito net too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep seeing skirts like that on blogs but have yet to see one in person! For some reason it looks more at home among the Alaskan trees than I think it would in downtown Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. heavenly skirt! i'm thinking i need to shop on ebay. that's funny about the mosquitoes. great ode to sarah jessica parker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha that's so weird that mosquitoes get trapped in your skirt! It's super cute though! I love how fluffy and full it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)