Monday, July 8, 2013

Midnight Mist
























































American Eagle Outfitters Dress and Necklace
Jacket (thrifted - no label)
Seychelles Boots

These pictures were taken last night.  The smoke really rolled in from the Chena Hot springs fire and had turned the setting sun a freakishly creepy red shade.  I didn't quite capture the sun but it was interesting to try to shoot in such low light.  I'm really trying to stretch myself when it comes to light and composition in my photography and every now a then I get something decent out of it.

The fire is just right across the road from us and last night everyone along the Chen Hot Springs road was evacuated because of the danger.  We were out of the path of the fire so we got to stay but everyone's been on high alert.  The weather shifted a little today and we finally got a little bit of rain and some humidity to combat the dry heat and the fire.  The evacuation order was lifted earlier today and I'm so happy that the fire passed by many of our friends.

Tomorrow is actually my birthday, I get to go see the Lone Ranger and eat prime rib!  Wooo, sounds like a fun night! (I know, the movie it getting terrible reviews but hey, it was part of my childhood, I still remember watching the old tv series with my godparents and the book were the first chapter book my mom read to us.  In high school I was in a radio drama culb and we did quite a few of the old Lone Ranger drama so I have a terrible soft place in my heart for it.  Plus, there's ponies.  We all know how I am about ponies.  I used to pretend that my little appy mare was Silver and my brother would ride around on his little stallion and be Tonto, we had some crazy games we'd play.  Mostly dangerous and not parental approved, I'm sure.)



11 comments:

  1. Wow, the lighting is gorgeous! And your outfit is beautiful too--great photoshoot! Happy Birthday and I hope the Lone Ranger is good! One of the horses I used to show was named Tonto :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the maxi dress! They totally fit you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow wow Katie! I so looove the background and the shades of those photos and your outfit is just perfect too. a maxi dress with a leather jacket is just the right combo and also something I should try too. and your dress indeed is gorgeous.
    anyway, happy birthday and may all your wishes come true! I celebrated mine last month so we are both summer children, hehe. I hope your birthday is awesome and you show us some photos afterwards ;) enjoy and celebrate as much as you can, Katie!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love it when you wear a maxi length - it just looks so good on you! Love the print of this one and your brown leather jacket with it.
    Also, hope you have a lovely birthday! You'll have to do one of your infamous movie reviews after you see it, I'd love to hear what you think of it ;)

    Enter to win a Quarter Pendant from Snoozer Loser!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress. Happy (early) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been so behind on your blog too! Katie, these pictures are STUNNING. So, so pretty. You look gorgeous here. You need to wear maxis all the time because this looks fantastic on you.

    Happy (belated) birthday! Hope you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That printed maxi is so beautiful! I love the light blue colors :) And I love it with the leather jacket too. This whole looks is gorgeous. And happy belated birthday! Prime rib sounds delicious and I hope the Long Ranger movie wasn't as bad as the reviews said it was!

    These photos are stunning. And so are the last post's photos. And basically all your photos. They all look like like they belong in a free people lookbook. Do you use a remote to take it? I'm using the timer on the camera and I get so tired running back and forth hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lighting in these pictures is so cool! You look super pretty in this maxi dress too. I'm loving your jacket. I've been hoping to find one like that before next winter.

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. katie girl, do you have any idea how pretty you are? some of my best friends share your horoscope cancer. rock on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)