Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bad guys are cooler in westerns
















































Old Navy Hat and Blouse J.Brand Waxed Jeans (ebay)
DV by Dolce Vita Boots
Leather Handbag (thrifted)
Vintage Silver Cuff (thrifted)


I didn't get many pictures of it but I really liked this outfit.   We re-watched Appaloosa last night and Jeremy Irons had this really awesome hat with silver studs in the movie.  I had a long leather band so I tried to replicated the look but eh, at least it's a little interesting.   It was fun to re-watch that movie again, the first time I saw it just because dude, it's Viggo, Ed Harris and Jeremy Irons in one movie and Viggo and Ed are like the best movie pairing EVER. (I do mean this, A History of Violence?  Ed Harris is so awesome with a scarred up eye..)   I didn't think very much of Appaloosa the first time around aside from the great dialog but after watching it again and thinking about it, I realized it's actually sort of brilliant. It's really an interesting portrayal of a old gunslinger trying to retire, a idea that has been done like a million times but well done in this case.  (And again, can we just talk about Jeremy Irons' voice?)   I really enjoy the western genre so it's fun to see the newer westerns coming out and seeing how they stack up next to the older ones.


6 comments:

  1. What a fun print top you have! Great thrift find on that bag too. Hmmm I don't think I ever seen any western movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, westerns are definitely not my thing (at all!) but I do like your studded hat. and that belt is just amazing in my book. okay, actually I dig the whole ensemble. everything about it looks great. and like I already said, your outfits just keep getting better and better and better and are so my cup of tea (although I can't layer these days or wear long clothes because our weather has been way too hot for that. which is not a bad thing actually but still :P
    oh and I hope to "see" you soon, Katie!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to check out this movie! Great inspiration to draw from, and I like how you spiced up your floppy hat :)
    Also, thanks for the awesome encouragement on my change in majors. I'm kinda worried, but exhilarated to be doing something I love now! And yup, Trendy Teal didn't fit me anymore. At all. I needed a complete change!

    Enter to win a Quarter Pendant from Snoozer Loser!
    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this outfit! The way you have the shirt tucked in kind of sloppy but still perfect and all the blacks and browns with the unique colors in the shirt? You can pull off a casual outfit like this like no one else I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, love the post title! So true! and um, I need to watch Appaloosa now apparently!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)