Thursday, July 25, 2013

Along this old road










































American Eagle Hat
Vintage Leather Jacket (gift from my grandmother)
Gap Sweater (thrifted)
Sanctuary Jeans (thrifted)
DV by Dolce Vita Boots
Dooney and Burke Handbag (thrifted)
Silver and Iolite Pendant

Wow, I have really been out of the loop lately.  We've been working on re-roofing the house and helping my brother out with his cabin so there's been very little time for running to town to use the internet.   The roofing is going along well at least but we discovered there's a slew of brown recluse spiders on the property.  I'm scared enough as spiders as it is but spiders that bite you and rot the flesh right off?  Um, no thanks, that's why I live in Alaska!  (To stay away from horrible things like that...)  So we're doing a serious bug bombing of the house and we need to stay out for a couple hours right now.  

Anyways, I've been trying to stay on top of pictures, if just not the net. There so many great pictures spot on the property and along the road so I'm trying to take a little advantage of them.  This is one of the side roads leading out into the marsh and it's just a crazy cool looking area out there.  We regularly see moose hanging out, there's a mom with twins, a two year old male who's pretty goofy(tries to hide behind trees when he sees people but neglects to hide more than just his head) and an older male.  My dad and Ev are really pumped up for Bow Hunting this year, it's legal along this road and it's going to be the first year they both get to do it.  I secretly hope they don't get the two year old moose, he's quite a character.

I do want to apologize for the state of my posts lately!  Good grief, I reread and few and I don't know how anyone was able to make any sense of those!  I'll try to be a bit better about proof reading.


2 comments:

  1. Aww, that makes me sad that they might get the little moose (hahaha, little) but totally understand the need to hunt. And that you do it so close to your property?? That must be awesome for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kstie, your outfit looks casual, comfy, stylish, and easy. i dig the hat too, have you shown us your repairs yet? like your before and afters, and i've missed them?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)