Tuesday, June 4, 2013

You look like a Dude
























































Minnitonka Leather Hat
Old Navy Blouse
American Eagle Leather Belt
J.Brand Jeans (second hand on ebay)
Seychelles Boots
Coach Handbag (thrifted)
Icing ring

Now before everyone starts making fun of me for looking like such a "dude" I'd like to point out that I'm only a halfway poser.  My grandparents did own and operate a ranch most of their lives in Colorado, my great-grandpa was a horse-breaker/farmer/logger, my mom broke horses in both Rock Springs and in Anchorage and I did start my riding career in the western discipline.  (I moved away from that into the Show Jumping and Dressage but I still have my western saddle and darn if Dollar doesn't make the cutest cow pony ever.)

Yeah, that was a long explanation just for a silly hat.  I look like someone trying to play a fake cowboy but darn if I don't like this outfit.  These jeans!  So comfy for riding, they have a ton of stretch and don't have a seam that rubs like crazy.  I ride in jeans more often than I do my breeches and so far the J.Brands and the Old Navy jeans are the best for wear and tear.)  I've manage to find a few pairs of the J.Brand jeans on ebay for a little cheaper than the regular price of the Old Navy jeans and I've just been really pleased with them.  The brand seems to fit pretty nice and I like that they're made in the US. (Although who knows where the fabric is from but that's just a whole another can of worms in the fair labor practice problem.)  I've been slowly cleaning out my closet for the move and I'm trying to get my jeans down just to the pretty ones I like and my "work" jeans.

5 comments:

  1. Haha, honestly I love that hat! I didn't buy it, but I have a picture of me in a similar hat 'cause I liked it so much. And yes, I showed horses for years and I worked on a horse farm for a many years so I feel entitled to wearing hats like that! Also...those boots are amazing! I love them so much!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! You look like an adventurer! That's awesome that you rode horses. I took lessons when I was younger, but it never really stuck...mostly because they were pretty expensive. I still wish that I could ride now and then, though. Horses are beautiful and it's such a free feeling riding one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this outfit too! Haha, this is the perfect outfit for your location, and I'm definitely inspired to bring out my hat. I just can't find the right outfit for it yet - YET ;)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT?? You mean you don't get handed a hat like that as soon as you move to Alaska? I am heartbroken.

    Okay, not really. But I do love your outfit. It looks perfect for your life style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you do so NOT look like a dude! i dig the outfit, and the riding talk. i know so little.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)