Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Land of the Midnight Sun



























































Elizabeth and James Silk Dress (ebay)
B. Makowsky Handbag (thrifted)
Steve Madden Leather Wedges (super sale at Famous Footwear last winter.)
Icing Earrings and Ring
American Eagle Outfitter Gold and black Cuff, F21 Spiked Bracelet

This outfit is from last week, it's a very simple outfit but wow, did I love wearing this dress.  There's one Paul and Joe Sister dress from the 2011 line that I loved but I've never been able to find and I was thrilled to find this dress that looks so alike.   I styled it very simply this time around but I think it would be adorable with a leather jacket. (Well, any jacket really and I'm actually look forward to wear it with some sweaters this winter.  I can't believe I just said I was looking forward to wearing something in the winter...)

The Summer Solstice was the 21st and there's always a big celebration that goes on in town.  We have a baseball game that starts at 10:30 pm and plays out entirely in natural sun light, sometimes going until 2 in the morning without a hint of darkness.  Alaska is known for having long summer nights but it's even more exaggerated the farther north you travel and in Fairbanks, it seems like the sun almost never sets during the summer and if it does, it's more of a dusk/twilight than darkness.  Pretty sweet and helps make up for the 2 hours of light during the depths of winter.


8 comments:

  1. This is so lovely!
    I especially love your accessories.
    (I love your blog in general, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that dress is so beautiful and ethereal! Love it! It's gorgeous!!! Having the sun up all day in winter sounds awesome, but the no sun in the winter must suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, playing ball till 2 AM? Haha, that actually sounds fun (and tiring)!
    I do really love this dress Katie, the frothy, lightness of it is captivating, even through photos. I bet its fun to twirl in ;)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just in Michigan for vacation and the sun doesn't fully set there until almost 10:00 PM. It was AWESOME. I know some people think it would freak them out but I think I would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a long solstice! How awesome. The top of that dress is so flattering and delicate. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is really stunning and I love every single pic of this post. are you a professional photographer? If not, you definitely should be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah this is so pretty! I just love the ambiance in these pictures. You look so gorgeous and summery in this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Restraint takes discipline but the results can really pay off. The wispy layers of this skirt look beautiful on their own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)