Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Taking a break from the Frenzy



























































Sanctuary for Sears Military Jacket
Express Dress (thrifted)
Leather Double Wrap Belt (thrifted)
Talbots Leather Handbag (thrifted)
Jeffery Campbell Heels (ebay)
Stainless Steel and Rose Gold Cuff (gift)
American Eagle Outfitters Earrings and Flower Headband

Can I start a post off with a big, frustrated sigh?  Phhht, I feel like I'm so behind on everything.  These pictures are from sometime the weekend before last and since then we've packed almost all of the way up, done a bunch of painting and fixing up on our current home, trying to get things ready at the new house, which is taking forever and we *might* have to camp out for a week because we already gave our 30 day notice on our current place but the people at the new house are taking a really long time to get all of their stuff out and then we just got back from the blitzkrieg that was the fishing trip.

Blaaaah, word vomit.  I won't even mention how bad I am at the blog right now because it's embarrassing.   At least the fishing trip last weekend was awesome, we drove from Fairbanks to Chitna which is about a 750 mile round trip and we limited out on the fish in one night.  Oh yeah, it was record numbers for the runs this year which was nice to see after last year being so sad.  It was a fun little trip and it's always get to just get out and do something.   I'll type up a fishing post a little later, I'm waiting for a door to dry right now before I put another coat of paint on it.  (Children, dirty hands and white doors.  Who in their right mind would think that's a good combination?)  On a kid note though, this little spot here is the coolest place for kids.  My siblings and I would have done anything for a awesome spot by the river like this when we were kids.


7 comments:

  1. Hahaha, don't worry about blogging, enjoy life for once in a while :D
    Awesome dress, you gorgeous nymph you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful dress and I love your hairstyle in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is so pretty like that and I just love that dress!!! Eh I hope you get your house stuff all sorted out so you don't have to camp out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie - these photos are insanely beautiful! You look so pretty and luminous in that white dress amidst the greenery. :) The military jacket is great paired with the girly dress.
    Sounds like lots of good things are happening for you right now - enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A spot by the river? I'm jealous!
    I love this pretty dress - you have some gorgeous pieces in your closet Katie! You know how to mix everything together so well too :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it creepy to tell you how beautiful you look in these photos? You do the most amazing job of making your clothes work for you! I could never pull off that dress and it looks like it was created just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely know the feeling. I never feel caught up with anything ever!
    You look so pretty in these pictures though. I love this dress on you. The neckline is really flattering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)