Monday, June 10, 2013

Hats and Cardigans



























































Minnitonka Leather Hat
F21 Soft Blazer (thrifted)
Fire Dress (thrifted)
Pacsun Flats
Coach Leather Bandbag (thrifted)
Icing Pendent and Ring
American Eagle Earrings and Bracelets

I've been a very bad blogger these past few weeks and I feel quite a bit of shame for how much I've neglected this cool community and my blogging buddies.  (Blogging buddies, that's so going to be the new thing now.)  I'm trying to stay on top of stuff but with all of the real life stuff going on right now, I've been failing when it comes to the blog.  We held a garage sale during the weekend, did more packing, went to a memorial and then today we did a bunch of home work, painting and working on the car. (Trying to make sure it's ready for the run down to Chitna, it's usually a nine hour drive and there's not much for towns along the way so if the car breaks down, it's not good.)  This week and the next three are shaping up to be even more busy but I'm going to try to be better, even if it's just a hit and run type of post.   I don't know how long it will be until were able to get internet service out at the property so I've got to get some posts in while I can!

enough excuses and whining from me.  We had a bunch of running around today so I got to wear a cute dress but as soon as we got home, it was back to the grungy jeans and paint splattered tee shirt. Although, I was just painting the walls a nice, boring white so maybe the white dress would have been okay....

I found this soft blazer/cardigan/thing at the thrift store a while back and dude, I love it so much.  I know I haven't really been posting but I've worn this so many times now, I really like the relaxed shape and the pattern and it's just fun to wear.  And it's thrifted, so not too much shame in it being from Forever 21. Hopefully that's how it works.


9 comments:

  1. I hope to hear from you already soon, Katie but so far do what you have to do. I sure know the feeling of having too little time (I'm experiencing it even right now...). but your outfit is gorgeous, once again. so lightweight and summery. just perfectly layered. haha I don't even have enough good words to say about it but I really really love everything about that ensemble. even the green background is perfect for it and screams "wonderful summer day"!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this outfit is awesome! That floral jacket is so cool! This is one of my favorite outfits that you've worn. Enjoy your trip to Chitna!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries! Just pop in now and then so we know you aren't stranded somewhere, okay? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *_*
    Can you just package up this entire outfit and mail it over to me? Haha, I love it! The floral shrug/kimono/thingy is perfect! I already have a few in the same style, but man...it's just lovely! Also adore the floppy hat and white sundress.
    Sounds like life has kept you busy, huh? Well, whenever you've got time, you've got a blogger buddy in Idaho for sure ;)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! It has a really relaxed 1970s vibe to it, like Stevie Nicks or Carly Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. katie, i like the cardigan too. i thought, i want to shop katie's closet. i really like how you paired it with the hat, and dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great jacket :) like japanese cardigan ;) love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been a bad blogger lately too. Sometimes life gets in the way. It's okay!
    This floral jacket looks wonderful with your pretty white summer dress. The outfit has a kind of girly boho vibe to it. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)