Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fake Edge

















































BCBGeneration Jacket (thrifted)
Oscer de la Renta Silk Scarf (thrifted)
American Eagle Sheer Top
Old Navy Cami
J.Brand Waxed Jeans (second hand on ebay)
Madden Girl Studded Heels
Coach Handbag (thrifted)
Silver and Turquoise Ring

I really dig this outfit.  I think I've only shown these jeans once on the blog so far but I wear them quite a bit.  I wanted a pair of waxed jeans since I haven't rocked a pair of leather pants since my early collage days (they were bright red thrifted bell bottom leather pants too!) but I really wanted a pair of "edgier' pants to add to my closet.  I spent a long time researching which pair of waxed jeans held up the longest and according to every review I've read, these J.Brand jeans are them. Once I figured out which pair I wanted I watched ebay for a pair at the right price.  Sometimes the prices aren't very good but if you really do wait, you can find things that pop up for crazy low prices. I got these for the regular price of a pair of Old Navy jeans and I've just been really happy with them.  I'm trying to keep this up with my wardrobe and making more selective, purposeful purchases and lately I feel pleased with where I'm at with it.

Thinking back, I sort of miss those bright red, bell bottom leather pants.

8 comments:

  1. do you have photos of those crazy red pants?? gosh it would be really cool to see those! ;)
    anyway, I agree, it's one very fine ensemble and it really fits you like a glove. everything you've chosen. I looove the jacket, those fierce pants, beautiful silk scarf.. yeah, like I said, everything. it's a wonderful match, Katie.
    haha, btw, when I think about our current weather I would probably melt/lose my mind in such outfit :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the scarf and jacket are perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those pants sound scary. I really hope you do have a picture of them though! Anyways, I just love that shirt though--especially paired with those pants!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pairing the more feminine pieces with these pants is such a great mixture of textures and styles. Very, very you!

    I also want to see a picture of those pants. Because they sound like quite the statement piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J Brand Waxed Jeans?? For an Old Navy price?? Dang, I need to get on eBay more!
    These are such a fantastic pair, and yes, a nice pair of waxed jeans are definitely an edgy item to have. I love mine. Great thrifted blazer too!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was going to ask if you meant edgy shoes or the frayed edges of the jacket, but you were talking about your pants. classy outfit. i don't think i've ever heard of waxed jeans before. i want to see pics of the red leather bell bottoms. i've never owned leather pants, nor a skirt, only jackets, belts, purses, and shoes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Katie, that jacket is just...WOW!! I absolutely adore it, and you've styled it fantastically.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)