Tuesday, May 14, 2013

This life is my own



















































































American Eagle Jacket and Tee Shirt (And leather belt, whoops.)
Old Navy Jeans
Seychelles boots
Leather Handbag (no label -thrifted)
Icing Evil Eye Pendent

A quick post because it's freakishly late for me and I'm worn out but I'm also really excited because you know where these photos are from? At the end of this road is our new home.

Whoa, I am just freaking over the moon at the moment   It's been a lot of stress and it's not all been home related but you know, you make the life you want and at the end of the day, I just want my life to be a happy one.  It doesn't have to be the most flamboyant (not that I want to be poor and living in a quaint little flat because dude, I've been poor and hungry and there is NOTHING romantic about that picture.) but I'm okay with what we have.  You don't need everything in the world to be happy and right now life looks like it will be pretty good.  We need to do a ton of work before we move in and it's not completely set in stone but I'm just so happy that it's going to work out.  We'll be out of town and I'm just so relived.  A town girl I am not. (I hate people looking through my windows, it drives me all sorts of crazy.)   And on a really stupid note, it's a pretty killer spot for photos.  It's sad that the thought ran through my mind, but its true.




















See, moose! (Mmmm, dinner.)    And there are delightful neighbors who will provided hours of a amusement (from a distance) with their antics.  Much like this gentleman....


















You can't see from this poor picture but this dude was DRAGGING the trampoline behind his truck down the road.  Dragging it you guys.  Ah, Alaska peeps, how I love you.

Just not you people who keep looking in our windows and letting your dogs pop everywhere.


And you know what, I am really sorry.  I've been a poor blogging friend, all mopey and emo and not talking to anyone and I am really sorry to be that person.  We've got a bit on our plates at the moment but I'm going to make an effort to be more engaged this week and really, I am so terribly sorry to everyone, I apologize to everyone I've brushed off this past week.

12 comments:

  1. Haven't been here in awhile, and it's nice to see your photos without snow Katie! Love that jacket you're wearing and congrats on the move :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! I hope that whatever you are struggling with, passes soon. And good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we all have our issues and stuff so don't you worry about it. blogging comes when it can, not because it has to.. at least in my book. and yay for your new home, Katie!!! how exciting! you can move and sort all your stuff and design everything and... so cool!
    by the way, what a clever outfit that is. I mean the fact how your hair matches with the pants and those boots ;) and I really like the jacket and the tee! such a cool and edgy combo.
    so, take care, Katie, and enjoy spring too :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new home, Katie! Hope moving will reduce some of the stress you've been under lately.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about not being an active blogger, it happens to us all sometimes. Congratulations on your new home, it looks like such a lovely area to live in! And perfect for outfit posts :) Good luck with your move, oh and those jeans look fantastic on you - such a great colour xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this outfit! the print on the shirt, the pattern on the jacket, the color of the jeans... well yeah I love it! I love that picture of the trampoline though. it's funny because since we're get a new trampoline this year my dad and I just had to drag the trampoline across the yard so he could fix it up enough to sell it--we probably looked pretty funny too. Gotta love crazy neighbors though!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Katie, I hope that whatever is bringing you down gets better...just know we'll always be here for you, antisocial or not ;)
    I'm loving this outfit girl, the rocker tee, colored jeans, and cool boots...ahhh, can I just steal this entire look?
    Also, CONGRATS ON THE NEW PLACE! That's so exciting. I remember you talking about the creepy town neighbors, and I'm glad you'll get to move away from that.
    Haha, looks like your new neighbors will definitely be entertaining...hahaha!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I hope everything works out for you to have that happy place in your life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on your new home - and i love the print on your jacket!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. katie, moving takes a lot of anyone, plus you're a mom, and you work, and you have animals... so i definitely understand you're busy. your outfit is a whole lot of awesome with and without the jacket! i'm happy you are getting a place of your own. that's super exciting. i look forward to seeing your new views. oh my what the trampoline dragging good graciousness??? ha-ha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pattern on your jacket reminds me of a southwestern style blanket. It's got a nice structured shape, more reminiscent of a blazer than anything, but without the formality of a collar.

    Congratulations on your future home Katie! I'm truly happy for you guys, and what a gorgeous spot (blog photos crossed my mind too, ha!). You'd absolutely HATE where we nice - two entire sides of our condo are glass and we live in downtown Ottawa. Luckily we're pretty high up and there are no 'immediate' neighbours. Though I am looking forward to buying a house someday, and having a little more privacy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)