Monday, May 27, 2013

Ride that Pony




















French Connection for Sears Romper ($4.99)
Leather Double Wrap Belt (thrifted- $2.99)
Franco Leather Sandels ($5.00)
Icing Earrings ($4.75)
Sears Bracelt ($6.97)

Total: $24.70 (Well under the $40 budget!)

My dad has had a '66 Mustang ever since I was born but it's been put away in storage for the past 15 years and it's suffered a lot because of it.  This past winter he found a screaming good deal on a '64 Mustang and while it's in pretty awesome shape, he's planning on switching over the engine from the '66 into this one.  (It also need some interior work, it originally came with some fantastically pimp-ish purple velvet that covered the whole of the interior.  It's all ripped out at the moment so it's kind of bare bones but dude, how cute is it?)  This little car runs so well right now, everyone got to take it out for a spin today and it is SUCH a joy to drive this little car.  I love sixties Mustangs and this car is just such a kick in the pants to drive, someday down the road after we get all settled with out house and finding a truck for Ev, I'm getting a Mustang of my own. (Heh, Ev's more of a fifties truck kind of guy o it might take a little bit to convince him, but it's so hard to beat the Mustangs.)  Anyways, we pulled over along this little dirt road in our community and took a few quick pictures, luckily there's hardly ever any traffic along there.

My little sister needs  a quick mention, she did my hair today and Im pretty sure this is the best it's ever looked.  I need to learn from her how to do cute hair style, I'm usually so lazy and opt out for a braid.  Thanks sis!


13 comments:

  1. Daaaaang girl! Love these photos with the Mustang! That's my dream car right there. One day I hope to get one of my own...
    That second to last photo of you is seriously hot. And yes, I say hot. Haha, just look at that smolder in your eyes! Posed next to a Mustang? Yup, irresistable ;)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I know anything about cars, but this Mustang is so darn cool! :D
    And you look like a High school hottie next to it, with that awesome sexy dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thumbs up for your sister! :D
    your spring/summer outfits are the prettiest!

    http://imeowlife.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. I wish I could rock that outfit. Shorts/rompers I am convinced would not look good on me though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to show my hubby these photos! He had a 60s Mustang (not sure what year) when he was in high school that he restored and he is now kicking himself for selling it.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Bracelet Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I totally thought this was a dress at first! This has got to be one of the cutest rompers I've ever seen. I can't believe you got it for so cheap! And these photos are great, so is your hair. Everything about this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! These photos totally belong on a car calendar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That romper is awesome! And seriously? I'm so freaking jealous of that car!!!!! OMG!!!! And I wish I could see it with the pimp velvet :p

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, that sure is one fine car! by the way, beautiful/fast cars have been a soft spot of mine for a long time so I totally feel you :P gosh and how pretty is the snow white colour and gorgeous shape! okay, going to move on to your outfit now, haha. I thought it was a dress, a very short one. anyway, it looks great on you and once again I love those turquoise accessories and brown leather accents. oh and hair can be so tricky! I would be happy if I could make some cool things with mine but the truth is most of the time I really can't :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos - you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to comment on your hair before I even got to the end of the post. It looks fantastic. Tutorial from sis??....I'm not a car gal but at the risk of sounding like a ditzy blonde I will say this car is the perfect prop for your cute romper and fiery hair. I'll take your word for it on the engine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pictures posing with the Mustang! You look so cute too! This romper is adorable. I'm loving the turquoise accessories too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. excellent hair style from your sis. great price on the total look oh, i want that car! are you gonna show us when your dad finishes fixing it up?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)