Monday, May 27, 2013

Return to Alaska Land






























Old Navy Tee Shirt
American Eagle Jeans
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Great Northwest Hat
MichaelMichael Kors Leather Sandels (thrifted)
Saddle Leather Handbag (garage sale)
Bracelets - a mix of AE, garage sale
Icing Rings and Necklace

Who's got the best purse ever?  THIS GIRL.  Well, it would be the best purse ever if it cured cancer, ended child abuse and created world peace so no, it's not the best purse ever but it's freaking awesome.   I mean, just look at it! It was made back in the seventies and the level of detail is crazy, the saddle is even padded on the underside and the little saddle bags really open.  I got this at that same garage sale that I got our deck wood and Ev's tools from so really, it was just about the greatest garage sale ever.

I've talked about Pioneer Park (formally Alaskan Land) before on the blog but I'll just have to bombard you with pictures again.  It's just the coolest place, between all of the exhibits, the train rides that cost very little, all of the kids attractions, the boat rentals, the ball fields, the old building that have been rescued, it's just a really fun place to hang out.  If you ever make it up to Fairbanks, this really is a must see place to visit and hang out at.
































































It's just a fun place to hang out at with tons of different activities, it was really enjoyable to take the family out and have some fun.  We try to be pretty active and do things, life can't be all about work all of the time, I do think it's important for one's well being to have fun and break out of the usual ruts that we all get into. (That said, we work pretty freaking hard and always have so it is important to take a moment and have family time.)

To my fellow Americans, have a fun Memorial day tomorrow and enjoy the sunshine and to everyone else, enjoy the sun! (Um, hopefully everyone gets a nice day, it's so wonderful to finally have summer arrive.  We hit 88 degrees today and it just felt wonderful after the cold spring.)  Take care everyone!


9 comments:

  1. love these pics...so interesting..nice bag
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pictures and place! Love your bag, hat and the trousers´print!
    xxoo
    isabel
    my little suede shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the best purse ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to that garage sale with you!!! I'll fly up to Alaska tomorrow. :p Seriously though, you do have the BEST purse ever! I'm really jealous of it right now. And I have hat envy too :) Anyways, the pictures of your family and are adorable. I love the dress your little girl is wearing!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Alaskan Weather Station plaque seriously made me laugh. Haha, such a great sign!
    I love those AE jeans! I almost bought them when they were on clearance. Man, I knew I should've just gone with it. Ah well, you styled it perfectly for a day out.
    Hope your Memorial Day was a better one than what we had. It was breezy and cloudy and ended up raining at the end of the day. Ah well, the first half was nice!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous of your 88 degrees! It was rainy and cold here in Chicago. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the stone is moving it is windy??:D We actually get such strong winds here, it's crazy. So much for the weather report!!!:)

    Your little sunshine has the prettiest dress possible, by the way. And that hat is just too precious on her. She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that purse is so my style. i noticed those jeans immediately. that's a good thing. it means i like. how cute are your kids? super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)