Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chillin' like a Villian (Doof perhaps?)





























































Old Navy Denim Vest and Tee Shirt
Joie Silk skirt
Minnetonka Leather Sandels (thrifted)
Leather Handbag (no label- thrifted)
AE Cuff
Icing Necklaces and Arrow Ring
Great Northwest Hat

Man, now I see why so many bloggers wear shades in the summer time.  It's not cause they're feeling all secret agent-ish, it's because you look like a moron squinting all of the time.  Ahhh, if only I wasn't the stuff of nightmares to sunglasses.  Seriously, I kill sunglasses and it's usually very quickly, I think the longest I've had one pair last was two weeks.  It's why I don't spend money on them and always opt for the $5 cheapies at the gas stations.

So yes, I am the Doof the the sunglasses's Perry, expect that I always win.


Not a relevant image but it entertains me.  One of these days I'm going to think of an actual adult show reference and not just kids cartoons. Although Ev will tell you that I have a un-Godly amount of Friends references. (I swear, there's one for every situation!)  On a very frightening note, when I was trying to find an image for this post Goggle suggested a bunch of fanart for Perry and Doof and OMG.  You cartoon fans are sick peeps!   I need to go scrub my eyeballs now and here I'd always thought the fanart community of Harry Potter was sickest. (Um yeah, there's some disturbing stuff in that fan community.)

 Okay, that's it for me.  I've got to get up early to help a friend out with a bunch of stuff and running around, so peace out.


13 comments:

  1. Do they have that cheap clothing chain "Dots" in Alaska? I always buy my sunglasses there. They are like $5 and often on sale, trendy and seem to last awhile believe it or not. I also have gotten some at Target, but don't like as much. More $$ and they usually put the price sticker right on them and you can get off the sticky film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, you seem to live in thrifty paradise! seriously, if I had access to thrift stores were they sell silk pieces and leather goods, I would buy more second hand clothing. But our city doesn't have ANY second hand store, only for kids :( Used to thrift things from ebay, but it is so annoying if it doesn't fit or suit me and if I can't return it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sunglasses thing: the 5 dollar ones arn't made to live forever. I wear my ray ban aviators for 6 years now, I thrifted them on ebay (good find ;) ) for less than a half of the rrp. and they have solid glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey dear,
    Lovely outfit!
    It is so nice seeing you without all the snow around!
    Enjoy it!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow yeah, there is a lot of disturbing fan art :/ But yeah, I relate to having a quote for...everything. Haha. Well, I love this outfit and especially the purse!
    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my husband takes my pics he makes me wear my sunglasses so I'm not all squinty. So maybe I should start paying more for them than $8 at Target. Naaaah.

    ReplyDelete

  7. That skirt is awesome...a bit flouncy too, perfect for twirls! LOL!

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
    twitter and instagram: @BelatedBloomer

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that bracelet! it's gorgeous!! I totally love the pattern on it.
    and I could not imagine my life without proper sunnies. since I have to drive my car every day it would be a crime doing it without high quality sunnies. so I definitely recommend you to get a pair (high quality pieces last for looong years too!).
    by the way, I really like the matching combo of your cool bag and hat. so summery and breezy.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeaaaaah, I think most fanart communities have got some SICK stuff. And no, I'm not saying sick like some cool kid in an admiring way. Literally sick.
    Ah, adjectives now-a-days...
    Anyway, yes, I love me some shades, they're so handy for avoidoing squinting into the camera. Haha, but hey, a hat works too! The only thing I don't like about it is how they end up shading my eyes in photos and then you can't see half my face :P
    I like your summer style Katie! I'm excited to see more. I think I started reading your blog around the end of last summer (was it fall when I came across your blog? Gosh, I don't even know now, I'm going to have to check after I leave this comment). Anyway, what I'm saying is, I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us. :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked. Jeepers, I way overshot it. Haha, more like last winter! ;)
      But now I'm here browsing through your 2012 posts. Your style is just so refreshing to see - plus, it's awesome to be reminded how far you've come with your photography!

      Delete
  10. What I do with sunglasses is buy a pair. Wear them. Lose them. Buy another pair. Lose them. Buy a pair. Find an old pair. ...I think I have 5/6 pairs right now because of this process.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your style and your combination of dresses or skirt and denim and nice jewelery or hats and scarfs :) so many nice layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katie, how has your week been? I am exactly like that with shades too, they barely last a month in a my possession. You look so pretty in this summery outfit, the green is a wondrous shade on you (maybe it has to do with the hair colour?) I actually had no idea about these cartoon characters and fan art before...I want to check it out but reading what you wrote, I am a bit skeptical now, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)