Sunday, May 26, 2013

Chase the Sun





































Fred Meyer Lace Top
Old Navy Cami
Joie Silk Skirt (second hand via ebay)
Coach Leather Backpack (thrifted)
Steve Madden Leather Wedges
Small Pendant (thrifted)
Icing Tooth Necklace and Pony Ring

Well, I'm not sure if it's in poor taste to post an outfit with the same skirt twice in a row but hey, these pictures came out really pretty! (And I didn't wear the skirt back to back but it's such a nice skirt that works so perfectly with my wardrobe that I'm sure it's going to get a lot of use this summer.)

It's been busy these past few days but a good busy.  I lucked out and found a killer deal on some treated wood at a garage sale (along with some really nice tools for Ev) and we now have the wood for our deck.  Woo, go garage sales! I was in a dress that day as well and the dude selling the wood got a good laugh out of me in my nice sandals and dress with a work shirt and work gloves loading wood into the truck.  Yay Alaska girls?  I dunno, we're a strange bunch, that's for sure.

Ev and I took a few moment to have a date night tonight which we haven't gotten to do in a long time and it was really fun and relaxing.  We had dinner, ice cream at Hot Licks, went to the bookstore which is such a treat without children in tow and then saw The Great Gatsby.  I've now decided that I really should only see movies of books that I hate because I end up loving the movies and not seeing movie adaptions of the books I love because I always hate the movies.  (Seriously, I'm not the biggest fan of the book but the movie was actually quite nice, they kept it pretty tight with the pacing and it was crazy but had some really beautifully shot moments.  One of those movies that is actually worth the $12 to see in theaters.)   We saw another fabulous movie a few days ago as well, Seven Psychopaths.  Dude, I think a have to add that movie to my top ten list now, it was that amazing.  I don't even know how to describe it, it was so clever, funny and surprising with the story line that I really had no idea where it was going. (It's like as if Guy Richie, del Toro and Tarantino had a love child, this movie would be it.  Go see it now.)

I'm going to try to get back on the pony with blogging this week and not be such a lazy bones when I get home at night.  Its sad that I take the time to take pictures and then just flop on the couch and fall asleep after the kids are in bed.

Speaking of pictures, Ev took these tonight.  He did quite a nice job on them, we really lucked out with some nice lighting and it's always fun to not have to worry about the camera taking a kamikaze dive off the tripod.   Thumbs up darling!


13 comments:

  1. Wow ,amazing Pictures! Love the romantic Outfit ,you look gorgeous :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with woodwork and everything...I really love these photographs, especially the light and the sun in them...The outfit is adorable, that skirt is really something...don't worry about wearing something twice in a row (blogwise)...for me it's really interesting to see one item of clothing styled in different ways.

    xoxo,

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is so pretty!! and I hope you have more dates like this with your love, it sounded so nice.

    http://imeowlife.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics and love the outfit! I am dying to sneak out to see the Great G myself.

    Happy long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie! The lace top is very pretty as is your entire outfit. Pictures are beautiful. I love seeing your pictures of this season in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, your guy did an amazing job with the photos! I love these softly lit sunset photos. So gorgeous Katie <3
    Haha, and I can just picture you in your cute, girly outfit with work gloves on and loading up a truck. So awesome!
    GAH! Now you've seen The Great Gatsby too! That does it, as soon as payday arrives, I'm rounding up some girls to go see it with me. It seems as if everyone has seen it and likes it.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! He did do a really good job on these photos, he's getting quite an eye for photography and setting up a pictures. You will have to see Gatsby, I can't wait to see what you think of it! I still really dislike every character in the story but after seeing the movie, I think they did a good job of making some of them seem a little more sympathetic.

      Delete
  7. I love that top and the jewelry! And I've done stuff like that before where I've had to do some work with my cute/nice clothes on :) Hey, as long as they're not ruined it makes working fun! And I'm definitely adding Seven Psychopaths to my summer movie list. I've wanted to see it for awhile

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, it's a GOOD movie. I expected it to be awful but it ended up being awesome and really cleverly written, I hope you enjoy it when you do see it. :)

      Delete
  8. hehe, like Linda said, pretty much everyone has seen The Great Gatsby these days and the blogs are filled with stories and reviews about it. I haven't, btw, and to be honest I will probably not see it either since the trailer didn't just work for me at all. but I'm still glad you liked it because it's always such a shame when you go and see a movie in cinema and the movie sucks and you feel sorry about your money.
    anyway, yeah, sunny background always does the trick, at least for me it does. it just adds this nice touch to the photos. and how well it matches your super feminine ensemble. it's beautiful, Katie!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I felt the same way when I saw the trailers for the movie but I was really surprised by it. (It was definitely strange for the first few moments and Toby M always irritates me so much but the movie was really good at pulling the viewers in.) And thank you so much!

      Delete
  9. Hahaha, I once showed up to pick up a bunch of moving boxes while in a dress and heels. So I can totally see you hauling lumber in a skirt :-)

    Also, I LOVE this lace top. I've still on the hunt for the perfect one. I just ordered two new pleated skirts, too, and a lace top would be the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lighting in these pictures is so pretty!
    I love how the pattern in your skirt looks with your pretty lace top too. These prints look great together! You look so summery and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)