Monday, April 29, 2013

Winter in Spring






























































Vintage Fur (thrifted)
Gap Cardigan
Old Navy Tee and Jeans
AE Leather Belt
DV by Dolce Vita
Leather Handbag (no label - thrifted)
Silver Rings (thrifted)

I dropped the camera and broke the lens today.  I'm going to send it off to be repaired and while I'm pretty mad at myself, I've learned enough about my camera that I *think* I'll be okay with my other lens for a little while.  Ev's car broke a belt this morning as well and its the same deal, annoying but fixable.  (Luckily, it's just a belt so it's totally something that we can fix, we just need to go get a new one tomorrow and we can swap it out ourselves.)   To top things off, it's freaking snowing.

At least it's not June.  That snowstorm in June a couple years back really sucked the life right out of everyone and it's only April so.....

I'm still mad about the snow.  That smile is a charade.


11 comments:

  1. Uh oh, hope your lens gets fixed soon!
    Your photography has definitely reached a point I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Love the elbow patched cardigan! And yay, more colored skinnies :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first photo totally amazed me. I think it's your best one so far and you should TOTALLY frame it!!! those colours, your expression, the slight snowfall, everything. okay, I'm now going to stop obsessing over it. but you're right, weather is not so good. minus degrees during nighttime and horrible wind during daytime. not warm at all. not a proper spring at all, boo. anyway, your outfit. the colour of your pants is one of my favourite colours and it looks wonderful next to the snow white top and classic timeless fur collar.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope the lens and the belt both get fixed quickly. Always seems like it's everything all at once. I'd be mad about the snow too...hope it warms back up soon!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart $50 Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the rust-colored jeans - they work so well with the fur and your hair and this color palette is beautifully harmonic! Are those Rockstar skinnies? I was disappointed that I didn't like the fit ... the quest for a great pair of skinnies continues. Hope your camera lens is repaired quickly! It's funny how we take for granted when things are working perfectly and how annoying it is when they need repair ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your camera :( Your outfit is really cute though! I haven't worn my red jeans in so long! And i love love love the elbow patches!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah goodness, the rust color of your jeans fits the setting of this photoshoot beautifully. You look like you stepped out of a magazine, dearie. :P

    love,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  7. but the good news is katie, you look sensational! boo to the snow, and broken lens, and belt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And this is why I'm terrified to touch our expensive camera and lenses! I've broken my point-and-shoot twice so, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how the colour of your hair is the same as your pants. Hahhaha totally combined!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your camera :( Your outfit is great though! I love the elbow patches and fur with those rust colored jeans. You kind of match the pretty forestry perfectly. Love it!
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so cold! But you look so great! :)

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)