Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Trailblazer













































French Connection for Sears Jacket
Jason Wu for Target Tee (thrifted)
American Eagle Pants
Studded Leather Boots (thrifted)
Rachael Rachael Roy Handbag (thrifted)
London Blue Topaz and Silver "Peacock" Ring
Wool Coat (very, very old)
Icing Zebra Scarf

I guess the weather didn't get the memo that it's suppose to be springtime.  I felt like complaining until I looked at the weather outlook for the whole US and it looks like it's the same for everyone, just more of the same old. (What a weird year for weather, hopefully that trend doesn't continue!)   So, still snowing but hey, it's above zero and that always makes for a good day.

This was one of those outfits that it took me a stupidly long amount of time to put together and it just doesn't make sense that it was that difficult to figure out to pair these together   Wow, bright pants, a white tee and a leather jacket?  Way to blaze a trail there Katie!


10 comments:

  1. that bag and your tee make such a good match. and I really like the jacket too. it actually reminds me a bit of the one I recently thrifted for myself. and I just go and look at it and dream about the ways how to wear it when spring actually comes one day :D anyway, the colour of your pants is pretty awesome as well and so are those thrifted booties. great look, Katie!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow again! When will this horror eeeend!!!
    Looking perfect even under tons of snow :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't even tell you how warm it was here yesterday...you don't wanna know! But by tomorrow the temp will drop.

    I love pairing cobalt with black and white!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Jacket!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is gross everywhere today! It's supposed to be warm in Oklahoma but it's 34 degrees here today :( Boo. Hopefully we can break out the spring floral soon! Oh and I really like the outfit - anything that takes you a while to think of is good in my book - it means you're wearing your clothes in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cobalt color on you. And how cute is your bag! I've had those days.. where I'm standing in front of my closet and just can't put an outfit together and finally when I do, I'm like... why did THIS take me so long, it's so simple. I think you look so pretty.

    It has definitely been a weird weather year, hopefully it gets back to normal soon!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the black leather jacket with the cobalt jeans. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think its a spectacular outfit, Katie....its the way you accessorized basic pieces that make it smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey now, don't bash a classic. Haha, bright pants, dark jacket, and perfect tee? There's a reason it looks so good :)
    Ugh, I know, through reading blogs we can see that spring is just not arriving everywhere, huh? Although I'd have to say you're probably dealing with the more severe end of things...aha, this winter wonderland is gorgeous for photos though!
    Also, thanks for the advise on switching my major. I'm kind of intimidated by the classes I have to take for it, but I feel like this is what I need to do. And I must admit...doing some photography on the side is my dream. I think I've finally found my passion in it. Thanks so much for the encouragement! :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like the pattern of the purse with the bow and zebra scarf. the motorcycle boots have edge, and so does that jacket. i own pants that blue color too. i give this outfit A++, sorry it took long to put together. i have moments of that as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)