Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Edge of the Map










F21 Military Jacket (thrifted)
Old Navy Blouse
BCBGeneration Skirt (thrifted)
Chinese Laundry tights
MIA2 Loafers (thrifted)
Coach Handbag (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Branch Necklace
Urban Vibe Claw Necklace


Well, the snow finally ended and we got a little bit of sunshine today.  Hurray! Yeah, I'd about had enough of that stuff, seven months of winter is enough.  I do hope it's the last big snow for the year, I think we're all tried of shoveling out the walk and the parking spots. I can't complain though, it's such a small area, I remember being a kid and we had a little over a quarter mile of driveway to shovel out and we'd regularly get a couple feet of wet, heavy snow at a time.  The walkway and the small parking spots with  powder-fluff look pretty easy in comparison.

Weather, weather, weather!  I need to get that off my mind, I sound like a recording every day.  Weather this, weather that, weather whine whine.

This is the first top I've bought from Old Navy since last spring.  I sort of swore off buying their shirts when I kept having the same problem with all of the shirts being made out of really thin cotton which once wrinkled, could never be unwrinkled, even with a iron.  Am I the only one who had that problem, that their tops just would not unwrinkled?  Anyways, I was buying clothes for the kids and I just fell in love with the pattern on this top, it reminded me of a map from a distance.  I tried it on and was surprised that it felt a little bit heavier fabric so I took it home and you guys, IT DOESN'T WRINKLE LIKE CRAZY.     Well done Old Navy, well done.

Edit: Holy crimmney, I did not proofread that post.  Sorry everyone, that was awful to read through.

12 comments:

  1. I, too, think the pattern on that top is particularly pretty! Is it more of a chiffon fabric? I like the Old Navy tops that are less cotton and more polyester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I can see the map print on that blouse :)
    Plus, no wrinkles? Old Navy is getting better!
    So glad the snow's going away for you - I'm looking forward to seeing your summer posts already haha!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL, you look so chic given the weather limiations. I totally feel your pain with the 7 month winter... ours is 8. But I love the play of layering-- both functional and chic!

    You've got a great blog, would you like to follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a map, soooo cool! And glad to hear that it's not wrinkling. I don't have any old navy shirts but I know that a lot of forever21 skirts wrinkle too and it is so annoying. But i'm glad that shirt doesn't :D And your shirt reminds me of this map print jeans from madewell: http://www.madewell.com/madewell_category/DENIM/skinnyankle/PRDOVR~13730/99102968066/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+17~15~~~~~~~/13730.jsp

    And your military jacket is so perfect with the fluttering-in-the-wind skirt :) Absolutely gorgeous (and the background is gorgeous too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! I really love your jacket and your belt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh that blouse is SO pretty! And I love the lighting in these photos Katie. Re-reading posts with errors happens to us all :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. The paisley print is really pretty! Old Navy has some great stuff lately. I'm glad you're getting some sun and I hope the snow is over for you!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing blog !
    Kisses from Poland;*

    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I kind of love your outfits! They're super cute! I love how awesome you look even though it's cold! I always feel super uninspired when I have to walk outside in the cold for a long time--I just go right for my comfy jeans!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. that indeed is one very nice blouse. I like the pattern and the colours. it doesn't remind me of a map though :P but yeah, it's still beautiful. and how pretty are your necklaces! both of them look gorgeous and I would love to have them in silver. not that I actually need any new necklaces but oh well. I also love the handbag, it's so super classy. btw, you should make a post about your bags' collection, how many do you have, how many have been thrifted etc. would be SOOO interesting to read and see.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same issue with the thinness of Old Navy tops but I don't find they wrinkle more than others. Have you tried the perfect fit ones?

    ReplyDelete
  12. that fabric does look like a map from a distance. i adore that jacket too. i don't think i own a lot of tops from old navy. the wrinkling even when ironed fabric does annoy me too. boo to that! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)