Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bringin' on the Heartbreak












Old Navy Trench Coat
Banana Republic Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Old Navy Skirt
Joe Boxer Tights
Seychelles Heels
Leather Clutch (no label- thrifted)
Leather Belt (no label - thrifted)
Urban Vibe Claw Necklace
AE Arrow Earrings

It's been a bit of a rough week.  Dad's finally doing better after a few scares so we're all really thankful for that.  A friend just passed away due to pancreatic cancer and it's been hitting everyone hard but most of all her sister, who also happens to be my riding instructor   Everyone's been trying to support her during this rough time but it's hard when such an amazing, incredibly inspiring person passes out of your life.   I'm not going to go into much detail since I don't like talking about people on the blog without asking them first but the friend who passed was a really cool chick and it's rough. (But I shouldn't complain too much because a ton of other people are going through some really rough stuff right now.  Waco and Boston, take care.)

Anyways, it hasn't been much fun and I really haven't felt like blogging but it was really wonderful to come and see all of your kind hearted comments on the last post.   know I said this last time but really, you guys are the best.  I feel so lucky to have met such a cool group of ladies, I just wish I knew you all in real life.   I'll try not to get all emotional and stuff but it really has meant a lot to read your well wishes.  Thanks guys.  If I could, I'd offer you all cheesecake and pony cuddles.

(Title thanks to Def Leppard and AKA, one of the best song of all time, even though everyone will argue with me that the best song of all time is Welcome to the Jungle.  Or Sandman. Sandman is pretty awesome but Bringin' on the Heartbreak just gets me every time.  Tell me you don't turn the volume up and sing along at the top of your lungs when that song comes on the radio, it's sort of difficult to sing along to Sandman.)

9 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! I'm the first one here to claim my cheesecake and pony cuddles. :) Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but glad to hear that your dad is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, its such a hard time for everyone right now, huh? Even when we know others are struggling, having to go through these ourselves can be trial-some! Praying for you girl, and my heart goes out to you right now. I hope you'll be able to find comfort as you deal with this loss. I just lost my lola (grandma), and its so odd to realize the next time I go to the Philippines, she won't be sitting on the couch, chattering away in that language I can't understand. She seemed like such a constant fixture. Like she'd always be there.
    Ah man, there I go, getting all sentimental again.
    Anyway, let's focus on something lighter, eh? Like this lovely outfit and set of photos! What a classy trench, it especially brings out your lovely red hair and blue eyes!

    Enter to win a $30 giftcard to My Hot Shoes!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your friend.. I really am :( but I'm happy your dad is feeling better! and it's completely normal you don't blog when things like that happen. some things just are too personal. and your post and Linda's comment about her grandma make me really sad. I honestly feel for you, ladies.
    but still some words about your outfit. I really like the fact you're wearing a trench coat and I actually have one from my university days. my grandmother changed the buttons and now I feel like I finally want to wear it. oh and once again I like your brown leather accessories, especially that clutch with a true vintage vibe. and what a pretty skirt that is! I guess I can always somehow relate to your outfits :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,super cool post,very interesting:)Your blog is a great place:)
    Would you like to follow each other?Just let me know,if you enjoy my blog of course:)
    http://mykaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.com/
    xoxo Vesi from Bulgaria :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way! I have the SAME exact skirt!!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? In some cases, literally (Chicago right now) and in other places just metaphorically.

    Also, I challenge you to a karaoke dual. I'll sing Sandman. You can sing Bringin' on the Heartbreak. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Its hard to lose special people in our lives. Pancreatic cancer is particularly grueling...my mother had it and she experienced severe pain before she died.
    Sounds like your friend was fairly young and that makes it even tougher. Either, its a loss and not easy to deal with.

    Katie, can you tell me what kind of trees are in the picture....the trees with the pale gray/white trunks and dark colored knots? They're beautiful. Some of these pictures, with those particular trees remind me so much of the artwork of Bev Doolittle who is one of my favorite artists.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gypsy sitting looking pretty... it's my fave def leppard song. yes, i did post the video on my blog once upon a time. yes, i do like your outfit, and yes, i'm sorry for the loss of your friend. katie, it's completely normal to take a blogging break. sometimes life can just be sucky. well it can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this shoot, your hair & outfit are beautiful!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)