Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Showers had better bring May Flowers
















































Jessica Simpson Jacket (thrifted)
Banana Republic Silk Blouse (thrifted)
Sear Skirt
Fred Meyer Tights
Rampage Boots
Icing Nail Ring
Leather Belt (thrifted)

So, I guess it's spring.

Obviously.

I know, I really can't complain, this is still better than the year we got a small blizzard in the middle of June.   Hopefully with the higher than usual amount of snow we won't have a bad fire year so I won't complain too much.

I did mean to post yesterday but I got a little distracted, I found a copy of the 2004 Eventing portion of the Olympics on VHS at the thrift store and dude, there is nothing like watching cross country jumping "unexpected dismounts."  Those guys have the best crashes, one horse got stuck on top of a log jump!  People who do cross country jumping are insane, I've made more than my fair share of crashes and unintended dismounts during a show jumping course but those cross country courses are brutal  they make their jumps out of huge logs and the terrain is crazy scary.   There's such a big difference from jumping in the contained zone of a show area with it's level footing to racing across fields and jumping down banks into the water.

Alright, that's enough out of me, if I don't stop now I'll just go on and on

.

13 comments:

  1. When I first looked at your photos I thought, "Wait. Is that SNOW?" But, yeah, it's still better than snow in June!

    P.S. Love your utility jacket with the floral skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you live in this weather, Katie! Luckily, you always manage to look amazing in it. I'm in love with this skirt. The print is awesome. And I always love how well you pull off these boots! They're the coolest (even if they do have to be half-covered in snow sometimes haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, obviously it's spring...
    I know in my post I'm wearing shorts, but today it started billowing and raining again - sigh. Of course, I should shut up complaining after looking at your snowy pictures... -_-
    And hey! We've got the same skirt! :D Haha, I saw it and was like "I bet she got it at Sears" What do ya know, you did. Check it out, I wore it forever ago on the blog here: http://trendyteal.blogspot.com/2012/04/rocketeer.html You're making me want to bust it out again!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLAH I HATE YOU WEATHER! It's been raining non stop for two days straight here, I'm meltiing!
    Hahaha, those jumps always scare the shit out me, even though I'm not the one doing them :D
    I love your top, it's so feminine and princess like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, once again an outfit I completely love! and guess what was the first thing I noticed?
    the fabulous combo of your bold lip colour and that floral skirt! such a great match! but I also love it how your brown leather belt and white silk top match. AND how the same belt matches your boots. I guess this outfit is all about fabulous matches!
    oh and we had such a Christmassy weather today, it snowed and snowed and snowed. awesome spring, yeah.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow in June?! Ack, I can't even imagine! The print on the skirt is so pretty!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the outfit! the floral print on your skirt is so cute you look very nice

    Delightful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie - first off, these photos are gorgeous! I feel like you should be in a lookbook or magazine or something. And I like that you've got your model face on - whenever I try not smiling in photos I think I look ticked off, but you look serious and elegant!
    That skirt is beautiful - the abstract-ish print and colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your printed skirt!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your floral skirt with your army green jacket! They are perfect together!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechicblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy snow!!!! Well the pattern on your skirt brings in some spring!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello sweet floral skirt, and striking lipstick! you were joking about the flowers, right? those people can have their crazy jumps. i'll just say no. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shirt has such a pretty neckline, actually this whole outfit is great, from the print on your skirt to your bright lipstick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)