Thursday, March 14, 2013

Time passes by











































Old Navy Trench
George Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Gap Pants (thrifted)
Bongo Heels (thrifted)
Coach Handbag (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Hat
Icing Necklaces
Gold and Rock Crystal Pendant, Gold ring

Alrighty, getting back on the pony now.

I won't bore you all with lame excuses about being busy but boy, that wind has been something else entirely! I attempted to take pictures yesterday and after doing a desperate dive to save the camera when the wind blew the tripod over, I gave up.  (The tripod that Ev got me for V-day is really heavy duty and solid so I was shocked to see it just blown over like that.)  I've never seen wind like this up in Fairbanks, we do get the Chinooks around this time of year but this is such a brutal cold wind, it feels more like something we'd get along the coast.   It's been blowing hard enough that our neighbor lost a piece off of his roof the other night.  Blah, wind.

I know, I disappear for a week and all I can talk about when I come back is the weather.  Wow, I am one interesting chick...


12 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,
    I love this color palette and the way that you layered several necklaces.
    Its been really windy here in the Midwest too. It looks like its not as cold there, though.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pictures! Love the Jewellery ,you look wonderful :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, we have the same problem here. I have to put rocks in my pockets so I don't fly away :D Seriously, it sucks!
    Good job with the photos though, I love the trench, it gives the outfit a bit of a boyish vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D luckily we don't have problems with wind right now but our weather sucks anyway because it's so freakin' cold!!! every morning when I drive to work I see -20 degrees C or even colder numbers from my car's computer screen. spring? I don't think so :@ okay, I'm not going to piss myself off anymore, haha. I wanted to say I looove the last photo. it's perfect. and even in those conditions you've done a great job. when I saw you wearing those shoes I started thinking about doing the same.. someday.. oh and how cool are all those necklaces with such cool pendants. awesome! it's actually a very simple look but somehow looks so brilliant and effortless. and springlike, that's for sure!
    ps. I still love reading your comments in my blog! makes my day!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Sorry to hear about your tripod falling over - that sounds like some crazy wind!

    On a happier note, I love that hat on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is nuts that the tripod fell over! It's been awfully windy here lately too. I'm right on the ocean so we always get the wind pretty bad. Happy Friday!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Avon Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, and I know how much you hate wind! You withstood it for longer than I usually do, though! I typically take one picture and then run inside for a break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha its okay Katie, weather is forever correlated to blog's since us bloggers have to take photos in it! Ugh, I absolutely hate the wind...I don't blame you.
    But glad you got photos of this outfit - its so pretty! I love the chic trench and your hat. And of course, your awesome photography. :)
    Haha, and thanks so much for the hair compliments! Makes my day when I see your comments <3

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty pictures! Really impressive blog, love your style. If you want check mine and we could follow each other:-)
    Kisses
    Aga

    New post
    Tiger and gold in attack!
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, I can actually see how fierce the wind is in these pictures, it actually creates quite a lovely hazy effect. I am loving the elegance of this look, how chic cream and black look paired together and your beautiful accessories top this outfit off perfectly. Thanks for all your wonderfully thoughtful comments hun, have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like some serious wind! Glad your camera survived.
    I can't believe you can walk in the snow in those shoes! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. katie, great casual cool look. tell that wind to go away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)