Thursday, March 28, 2013

Photography Day: Solace on the River















































Jessica Simpson Military Jackert (thrifted)
Tee shirt (thrifted)
Gap skirt (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Tights
Studded Leather Boots (thrifted)
Leather Handbag (thrifted)
Cow Skull Necklace and Cross Earrings Icings
AE Studded Bracelet

Dude, some days I just really struggle with pictures and even after spending a ton of time, end up with a few pictures of me looking angrily into the camera.  And then I have these days where I get in a roll and managed to get exactly what 'm picturing in my mind and in a short amount of time.  I guess it's similar to painting in that aspect, sometimes no matter how much you struggle all that comes out on your canvas is over wrought garbage and then you have the days where it just flows out of you effortlessly.   If only I could bottle that inspiration and creatively and bring it out whenever I wanted!  Ah, what a dreamer....


This tee shirt is sick and subversive, it actually has four sides!  I know, you're thinking, "ah, Katie, there's only two sides to a tee shirt, girl" and you would normally be correct but  this shirt is printed on all sides, inside and out and each side is a different mood.  The original front is an Alaskan Flower, all touristy and inspirational and the back is a map of Ak.  Turn the tee shirt inside out and this delightful dude is on the front with an ad for the Ak Native Sports team on the back.  So weird, so great.

Can I just say that 35 degrees feels like heaven?  no wind, just wonderful warm air.  Ahhhhhh, bring it on spring time!  It's so great being able to take pictures at seven at night and to have the sun just starting to set by then.  I was getting pretty sick of trying to take pictures by 1:00 every day during the depth of winter, it's so wonderful to have the sun back and to see it for longer than two hours.

And yay, Thrifter Thursday is back over at Coffer and Cardigans!   I'm linked up over there today so to take a look to see lots of thrifty goodness.


10 comments:

  1. Your photos make me catch my breath Katie...seriously. Its a work of art girl! I love these :)
    Also, a four sided tee shirt? *_* AWESOME! I want to see the other two sides now haha

    Enter my StyleGodis jewelry giveaway here!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love photos!
    Would like to follow each other on GFC, FB, Twitter or Bloglovin?

    www.donnaiveh.blogspot.com

    have blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sure is one brilliant tee! I love tees with cool patterns and prints and can't wait to start wearing those when we have the right weather for that. oh and I especially like the fact that you've combined this casual tee with a rather fancy skirt. nice contrast! haha and your tights! you're sure taking everything out of those ripped things! such a rebel! :D those boots are still the best btw. you're definitely one of the luckiest thrift shoppers I know. all those amazing bags, boots, designer stuff... gosh, you're really living a thrifter's dream there! ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO neat that the shirt is reversible! I saw Target now has reversible jeans and I think I saw shorts too. Two things for the price of one, I love it!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a cool tee. I love it with the skirt, such a great contrast. I love that you shed the jacket for 35 degrees. I totally understand, haha. You look so cute, love the pictures next to the water. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the skirt you have on here. I wear t-shirts with skirts a lot too!

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  7. That t-shirt sounds like one of a kind! Also, I'm loving that you're still wearing those tights. Every time I see them I get excited to see what they look like now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went back to look at the tee closely again - sounds very interesting. :) And I love the lighting on the photos so much!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. katie, i am so jealous of your hair. i thought that shirt was cool even before i read it had 4 sides.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)