Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Photography Day: Ponies































































Old Navy Denim Jacket
Gap Shirt (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Jeans and Belt
Madden Girl Boots
Vintage Necklace
Urban Vibe Spike Bracelet, Icing Wooden Bracelet, Turquoise Bracelet from Fair
Elephant Handbag (thrifted)

I'm not a huge of today's outfit, I like the mulberry colored top with the yellow jeans but the denim jacket just feels very.....mom-ish.  I kept thinking about wearing my brown leather jacket but it bothers me when when cool and warm brown shades mix (how nit-picky is that?) and the denim jacket was all I really had time to grab before leaving the house.  Next time, a blazer!  At least I tried with pictures, I've never really tried to take pictures in an enclosed space so it was a little bit of a learning process.  

So, how about some pony pictures?


























I'm sorry, I can't resist cute pony and kiddo  pictures and the guys were being especially cute today. That chunky little monster Merrylegs is so greedy about the food, he lies right down on top of it so Dollar can't eat it.   The little porkchop.   Dollar's head is so big, it looks like we trapped a moose in the corral!  He's so cute though, he just loves Izzy and he'll put his big head right down on the ground so she can play with his long ears and kiss him.  He just laps up the attention, he really likes the kids and is always so careful of them, he thinks he's suppose to take care of them. 


14 comments:

  1. Eeee, pony pictures! Hehe, they're so cute - I love the one of your daughter in front of that giant horse. Gentle giants :)
    Also, I don't think the denim jacket looks mom-ish at all! Rather, paired with the pale yellow skinnies (which, btw, I absolutely love; I've got some shorts in that same color that I'm dying to wear soon), it screams summer to me instead. Which is not getting here fast enough!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pictures ,cute Ponies <3
    Great Pants ,love the Colour! You look fabulous :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the change of scenery and love the kiddo/pony photos! I really love those yellow pants with the denim jacket too...so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the denim jacket looks mom-ish AT ALL! It makes me want to wear my denim jacket again too (which has been in hibernation since the winter). The ponies are adorable and looks like the kids are having a great time with them!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think wearing the denim jacket with the skinny jeans and riding boots definitely makes it non-mom-ish!

    Also, that little pony looks so fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Katie,
    I’ve taken the liberty of nominating you to the Liebster Award. You are indeed a very beautiful girl with great taste, and I love the fact that you also are a cold climate girl! If you did not know it, you are one of my favorite bloggers, and I see the Liebster Award as a way to hopefully help you to get more followers as you deserves it! Of course it’s all up to you if you want to participate or not, but I do hope you will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww the pony is so adorable, makes me feel like adopting one too. Your kids are even cuter of course, I can't believe that you're a mum, (a very stylish one a that) as you look incredibly young! I like the equestrian outfit, the boots make it all that more chic, think denim is great with it. Thanks for taking the time to stop by, you're always so thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those buttery yellow jeans! You always have adorable pairs of jeans/ pants from AE. I wish they carried my size.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jeans are such a great color and I love the color of your top too! It makes such a cool color combination. And I think the jean jacket does not look mom-ish at all because you style it so well. I always have so much trouble figuring out how to take outfit pictures in an enclosed space but wow I really like how it turned out, especially the lighting. And I love these pony pictures, so cute how in the second to last photo, Izzy looks like she is telling Dollar a secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ponies!!! I'm like a little kid, I adore animals, especially PONIES.:) I want Merrylegs and Dollar in my living room. Now.:) But regarding your outfit: I think it fits the setting perfectly, don't you?? Especially with that jacket.
    P.S.: Can't believe those are your kids, I mean... You look so young!! And they're so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know, Katie...I don't think is this is so "mom-ish"...I think it is very chic. LOVE the color of the jeans.

    The tail in action photo is great! How nice that your ponies are enjoying your children! Haha....Thanks for sharing the ponies with us. I need my daily dose of horse-y stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwwww! those pony pictures indeed are super adorable and gosh how I would love to have my own pony (haha, in my dreams of course since we already have a dog, fish, snails and lizards).
    anyway, I have to admit I quite like the denim jacket here and those pants are really cute too. such a pretty subtle shade. oh and I still love the elephant bag and your beautiful accessories.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  13. first of all, these photos are outstanding! all the angles and light optics of you in your outfit, the ponies, and children are absolutely darling. i'm glad dollar loves your children so. what a treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)