Saturday, March 30, 2013

On Thick Ice












































Cashmere Cardigan (thrifted)
J.Crew Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
American Eagle Jeans (thrifted)
Seychelles Wedges
D&B Leather Bag (thrifted)
AE Braclets
Effy Silver and Sapphire Ring
Fred Meyer Scarf

I'm really trying to work with taking pictures in different types of light, its challenging and sometimes  it looks a little off but I think I'm slowly getting a feel for it.  Slowly.  I'll leave it at that.

I'll you what, I'll never buy uncomfortable cheapy-cheap shoes again.  I bought this pair of Seychelles and hot diggity dog, they fit like they were made for me.  This is such a big deal, I've got large, wide feet and I can't tell you how many times I've gotten blisters or horrible, bloody rub marks from ill-fitting Payless shoes.  So not pretty but not with these babies,  they have to be the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn aside from my boots.  I wear them all day long and they just fit perfectly, no rubbing, no scrunching up my toes to hold the shoe on because a larger size is the only thing that I can get my wide foot into, it's just a world of difference.

 I've been saving my consignment credits for the past three months and I cashed out at the beginning of the month.  I'm trying not to spend "our" money for clothes since we're saving for a move so my budget right now depends on what I can get from either selling older clothes on consignment or though ebay.  I did sell a little bit on ebay as well last month , some clothes, few items of older jewelry and with the money I got a few pairs of Seychelles that were on major sales because dude, it's that hard to find shoes that really do fit!  (Nothing against Payless at all, their shoes just don't seem to fit my foot type very well.)  It's kind of odd, I never have this problem with boots, they always seem plenty wide enough in the foot area.

My foot woes and my joy of finding shoes that really fit, I can't really think of anything else to talk about.  I'm like that older lady in your church or on the bus that has to plod right down next to you and goes on and on about her medical plights and the state of her bunions.  Which I get, having bunions blows.



12 comments:

  1. Hehehe yes, getting bunion blows...hahaha! You and your rants girl, they never fail to make me smile or laugh. Although for this post, I TOTALLY relate. My size 9 feet are WIDE and I have trouble finding shoes that fit right and don't give me blisters. Ugh. That's why I usually prefer sneakers or sandals with straps that allow an adjustable fit. My main trouble is when I'm hunting for boots that'll fit over my muscular calves...that's a nightmare.
    Nice find with these shoes - its also a bonus that they're such a cute cheetah wedge! :)
    I think you're doing a marvelous job experimenting with light too! Your photography is always a source of inspiration for me

    Enter my StyleGodis jewelry giveaway here!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply amazing! I love your hair and the scarf! :)


    http://sofija-photography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you fall? I have fallen once this winter (I mean outside my house, haha) but our streets are quite dangerous.. not long ago a man fell and he died because of that. really scary and I kind of try to avoid walking these days.
    anyway, your outfit. I love the hair. buns are always awesome in my book but wearing one is difficult for me because my long thick hair is very heavy too and my head starts to hurt when my hair is too high. boo. your outfit is super fabulous btw. those leopard wedges, the way you have combined that scarf with the sweater, your cute tiny bag... yeah, I like a lot of things about that outfit. it's great!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought those shoes were flat leopard loafers and I thought to myself how cute they were and then I kept scrolling and realized they were actually wedges. That is soooo awesome! And can't believe they are comfy too. Usually after walking around for a day, even my most comfortable wedges make me want to walk around barefoot but that's amazing that those shoes don't. And I really like the floral print of your scarf with the pretty cardigan! The lighting looks so nice in these photos too. Your photos just keep getting better and better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute, casual sunday look! Can't believe you are walking around in snow while I'm in skirts and tanks!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snow is melting!! Yay :) Love the lighting in the photos, and love those leopard wedges Katie...so fun!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seychelles are so well made - I got my first pair awhile ago and they were so comfy and held up so well, I've boguth a fair share more scouring sales on DSW and what not. I agree - investing in shoes is worth it. Your feet hurtless and mostly, the shoes last longer. I love the lighting here - it is hard to get photos right in this kind of light and you did so well with it! I love this outfit too - the wedges are so cute and add a perfect pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was admiring your shoes the most in this outfit and then you tell me they're comfortable, too?? I may have to look into this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shoes so much!! They are perfect with your floral scarf.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechicblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you trying to say you have bunions? Because that does seem to blow BIG TIME! I watched a show once on how you remove them - by sawing them off!!! But on to more pleasant things, such as saving.:) I'm saving too and I haven bought anything in forever and I'm starting to get mad at the world.:) I don't want to sell stuff (like you wisely did) because I like my stuff, I just want more.:D But your shoes are great, I really like your jacket and you look beyond gorgeous in the third photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. uncomfortable shoes are a waste. glad you found some excellent shoes. i dig the hair, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I hear ya about shoes! The back of my heel narrows almost to a point and I can barely find comfortable shoes by trying them on, to say nothing of buying them online. I'm keeping my eye on Clarks and the like and plan to invest in one good pair of flats for work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)