Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just a Stop along the way










Old Navy Floppy Hat
Sanctuary for Sears Jacket
Banana Republic Cashmere Cardigan (thrifted- not pictured, sorry!)
Urban Vibe Lace Dress
Belt (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Polka dot Tights and Earrings
Rampage Boots
Michael Kors Leather Handbag (thrifted)
F21 Spike Bracelet, Fred Meyer Bracelet, Turquoise Bracelet via Fair


Taking pictures in low light is really challenging and rather than fight the graininess  I decided to see if I could make it work for me.  (Now, if only I could have worked on smiling a little more.  That's a little too serious for someone just taking pictures of her outfit!)

My parents just got back from a trip to Anchor-town, they originally went down to look at a buggy and ended up coming back home with a buggy, a sleigh and a little seven week old Lab puppy.   The little puppy came to visit us today and everyone is just in love with the little girl, she's a doll! My battery was dead at the moment but since we're going out to work with Merryleggs and teaching him to drive we'll have to get some pictures of the new puppy. (We're teaching Merryleggs to pull a buggy, not actually drive a car!  Although, he had tried on multiple occasions to drive the four wheeler  so a car might not be a stretch for him.)  Izzy and Gunnar are going to get to name the puppy and so far the names are:
Optimus Prime
Doctor Puppy
Gordy
Pizza
Donatello
Jake (apparently all dogs must now be named Jake.)

I'm actually impressed at the name selection, the kid that I sold a pony to named the pony "Boogers" and I was their age I named my cat "Bear" so Optiumus Prime is a step above that.   I don't think I can get on board with Pizza for a name though, how stupid would that be yelling out "Pizza!  Come'mer Pizza!  Gooooood Pizza!"

17 comments:

  1. You just made me laugh picturing someone calling out Pizza xD Although yes, I'm quite impressed with Optimus Prime. My first pet was a guinea pig named Brownie. Yes, quite original, I know.
    Haha, anyway, way to work with the graininess! I hate working with low light - SO challenging. But you overcame it and still give us stunning photos with a pretty outfit :D Love that lacy dress and elegant hat!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, please don't scar the lil dog for life. It's like calling one's daughter "Apple"... Hope you can show her photos some time. They are so adorable at this age. :)
    Love love love the first photo here - dreamy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lace dress with the polka dot tights, SO cute!

    And to answer your question about the other giveaways, I think you have to check the original posts for the winners. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to figure out ways to wear my lace dress this winter and your outfit is definitely going on the list! Love the roughness of the jacket and the softness of the lace together.

    In one of our former homes we had neighbors who let their kids name their dog. The dog's final name? Honey Golden Sprinkles. I think they called her Honey. We felt so bad for the parents, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahaha, I think "pizza" would sound just right :D I would definitely call it "pizza"! Yes, you are a grumpy face in those photos, but gorgeous! The lace dress looks fantastic with your braid :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. if Pizza works then why not Burger? :D haha, anyway, I hope the doggie will eventually get a beautiful (girly) name and I'm SO looking forward to seeing her here in your blog. dogs are the best!
    anyway, tell me about bad light, it's one of the most annoying things when it comes to taking photos. but your lace dress is utterly gorgeous. it's just "wow"-gorgeous. oh and so is the jewellery. very eye-catching!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the name Optimus Prime for a dog. Especially a girl dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. who says you need to smile? katie, oh my gorgeous when i saw your outfit. it's all girly with the lace dress, the tights, and bracelets. with your red hair, dress, and floppy hat, i was reminded of anne of green gables when she was waiting at the train station for matthew to pick her up. very fun and creative dog names!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He he. Doctor puppy made me laugh. A lot. Kids come up with the best pet names. We had a lizard growing up that my sister had named "mr. lizard" we didn't have the heart to tell her when we found out the lizard was a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahaha that last bit about the dog names is hilarious. I think that means you HAVE to go with Pizza. How can you pass up THAT opportunity?! As usual, I love everything about this. A lace dress with polka dots is a perfect combination in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lace dress is really pretty and the cream color really goes with the olive jacket:) And the polka dot tights are so fun, you accessorize so flawlessly. Hahahah Pizza as a name would actually be pretty funny and wow Optimus Prime sounds like such a fancy name...haha I was so unoriginal when I named my guinea pig. My guinea pig was brown so I called him Bean. Anyway can't wait to see pictures of the puppy, sounds so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah! Such a gorgeous dress! Seriously, this is beautiful! And I love the military jacket with it. Just perfection.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This a super cute outfit! And, I am in love with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look like a model in that first photo (and like there was a cigarette dangling between your fingers and photoshopped out haha, but I'm glad there's not!). I have a blog post coming up with a strikingly similar landscape and lighting. Anxious for summer yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)